Concorde on a Euro Cargo chassis (1 Viewer)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Has anyone got a Concorde on the Euro Cargo chassis, likely 10 ton as its a truck chassis? I would like to know the dB (decibel) reading at the drivers seat at tickover with no other intrusive noise, fans running and the like. Thanks.
Michael

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
You can get them at 7.5t , I viewed one (Charisma 850) in Germany and the discount on new was good until I asked to hear it running. Really noisy,no way I could live with that compared to my V6 Merc.

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
You can get them at 7.5t , I viewed one (Charisma 850) in Germany and the discount on new was good until I asked to hear it running. Really noisy,no way I could live with that compared to my V6 Merc.
Thanks, I have been in Germany looking at a Morello with a slide and the daily is too light for it really so we looked at the Euro cargo chassis. Got in to test drive and started up. I very nearly just switched off and got out. It was like being in a 50 year old tractor, over 80dB at tickover just sitting in the car park! My Flair in same scenario 68-70 dB. I wanted to try and confirm if it was Morelo's conversion or just a crap chassis. Hence enquiring of a Concorde owner. The test vehicle was 2 years or so old, but even the mirrors and steering wheel were vibrating just sitting at tickover! Out on the road it was worse and they suggested the wheels were out of balance! So we tested a Merc Atego, chalk and cheese and a wonderful ride, like my old Country Coach, but with a turning circle almost as good as a car.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
When we were at Düsseldorf the Southdowns salesman told us not to buy the euro cargo version. :eek:

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
From a longevity pov the Atego chassis is a far better choice than the Iveco from experience of commercial vehicle usage . The merc is also ahead in the NVH , as you have experienced . The best answer is a pusher , thats why you have that configuration with larger diesel engined motorhomes. Having said that modern commercials (artic tractor units in particular) can be quieter than many cars, due to sitting above the engine with very good noise suppression on cab bottom .

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Not many European pushers though, I guess it doesn't suite the layout with garage and bed over at the back.

Martin

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Not many European pushers though, I guess it doesn't suite the layout with garage and bed over at the back.

Martin
Yes the garage thing is the stopper , Ive always thought the mid engine layout would be ideal for RV
main-qimg-f6022530ca1832c1aaecc88e4d4cdf8a-c.jpg

as the bottom image shows ?

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I had a big Cummins 450hp pusher, and what could make it work in a European is a bedroom slide, I had 2 slides there, then you have to suss the garage!

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Yes, very agricultural, I had a test drive in a Clou Liner on Eurocargo, a 2007 model, at Bernard Gluck Sulzemoos near Munich,like an old tractor it was. I though the new ones would be much more refined and better though.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We need @dingdong to give us his impressions(y) he has driven a few of these vans home from Germany on a variety of chassis.

Martin

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Yes I wouldn't touch a 2007 model, put it that way, after that experience.
What's more when I came back from the test drive there was massive storm and the Clou absolutely p1ssed water into the garage, so double ''No''

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
We were at Gluck as well this week, a foot of snow, they had more Concorde's and Morelos than I have seen over time let alone in one place in a few hours! They are truly a good place to go see every make you want on foot!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes I wouldn't touch a 2007 model, put it that way, after that experience.
What's more when I came back from the test drive there was massive storm and the Clou absolutely p1ssed water into the garage, so double ''No''
Shouldn't do that, ours has fluffy brush seals around before the rubber seal and I "jet wash" around the door aperture to clean this seal and nothing goes inside, the only time water will go in is if I open the door, its peeing down and the van is lower at the back and a torrent of water goes down the side of the van down the edge of the frame and then runs down the gas strut, simple remedy is to shut the door. This usually happens on our drive as parked up is always slightly nose down so no issue.

Martin

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
We were at Gluck as well this week, a foot of snow, they had more Concorde's and Morelos than I have seen over time let alone in one place in a few hours! They are truly a good place to go see every make you want on foot!
That’s where I looked at the new Concorde,they were offering 20% discount.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Shouldn't do that, ours has fluffy brush seals around before the rubber seal and I "jet wash" around the door aperture to clean this seal and nothing goes inside, the only time water will go in is if I open the door, its peeing down and the van is lower at the back and a torrent of water goes down the side of the van down the edge of the frame and then runs down the gas strut, simple remedy is to shut the door. This usually happens on our drive as parked up is always slightly nose down so no issue.

Martin

Yes you're right it shouldn't.
They had 2 clou's one on a Eurocargo 2007 and one on a MAN 2003, both p1ssed water in the garage after the storm, garage doors were locked shut on both. The MAN one someone had stuck that after fit gutter above both garage doors, a tell tale sign that there is a problem.
I asked Jurgen when we went to Polch and he said they have had loads of issues over the years with garage/locker doors leaking, the bigger the door the worse the problem he said. Some of those great big doors on the rear that take cars, he said they have had big problems with some of those too.
It shouldn't be a problem but it is, both our Hymer A class vans leaked.
We viewed a Concorde in Germany recently, they had jet washed it and it was soaking inside, I looked and it was a crap design, they have used loads of different designs over the years.
Maybe a different thread is needed which I may start Martin, lets see how ours is when we get it.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Interesting, I have left a scrap on the table, best hoover that up. Was that on a stock van or special order?
It was a stock van on the forecourt, list of 220,000€ down to 180,000€. That was in 2013 though,I have only saw them doing it once more in December 2015. Didn't have the cash to buy that one as we had bought another rental house. Maybe this year as we are putting the rental up for sale,got it on here just now.;)

Mar 11, 2013
England
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 1990
My 2006 Clou Liner is on the iveco 6-10 ton chassis, plated down to 7.5 ton. It is fitted with the 5.8 litre 6 cylinder engine and is much quieter than the 4 cylinder version.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back