Concorde, Morello, and now this! (2 Viewers)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
A Volkner just Grey rather than white, and to be honest as clever as it is I would rather have a Vario mobile and about £400k in the bank to buy the car.

$_20.jpg

Martin

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
A Volkner just Grey rather than white, and to be honest as clever as it is I would rather have a Vario mobile and about £400k in the bank to buy the car.

View attachment 297540

Martin

Could never afford anything like those but having had a American RVs believe they are far better value for money and some cracking paint jobs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
If you could afford something like this you probably can afford the entourage that follows you around with the day car, the staff RV for the chef, the drivers to move everything, and you probably fly in by helicopter once the team has moved it all to your chosen campsite near the 3* Michelin restaurant.

On the other hand if you are that loaded you won't be slumming it sleeping in a coverted HGV.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Loads of the big German vans stopping at Gruissan had large trailers on the back as well as all those lockers.

I did wonder if they were moving house.

Richard.

They are probably on their way back from Morocco, you see a lot of this sort there - Luxury Motorhomes with car garage and frequently trailers as well. There are some very nice setups but they don't use them in quite the same way, they pitch up and stay for months. I'm guessing they want ultimate luxury all the way down and then their stuff around them while they are there. If you compare it to a learjet and a staffed villa its probably a bargain.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
They are probably on their way back from Morocco, you see a lot of this sort there - Luxury Motorhomes with car garage and frequently trailers as well. There are some very nice setups but they don't use them in quite the same way, they pitch up and stay for months. I'm guessing they want ultimate luxury all the way down and then their stuff around them while they are there. If you compare it to a learjet and a staffed villa its probably a bargain.
I am sure you are right Jon, I think we have have to see how other people use their vans before making judgements, it has been said many times that owning and using a motorhome is all about compromise so we all do it differently and I don't think that anybody has got it wrong as long as it works for them, smaller vans are great "just not for us"

Martin

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I am sure you are right Jon, I think we have have to see how other people use their vans before making judgements, it has been said many times that owning and using a motorhome is all about compromise so we all do it differently and I don't think that anybody has got it wrong as long as it works for them, smaller vans are great "just not for us"

Martin
Compared to that...yours is a smaller van

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
If like many Germans, and many on here too, you just drive down to Spain, Portugal or Morocco in October and pitch up on the same site you were last year and stay for 6 months there is a certain logic to having a 12 metre 4 slide RV whether it be a lesser value for money European on a stunning Actros chassis (albeit well appointed I agree) or as Larry has offered an absolutely exceptional (see all your Bucks in the paint job) Yankee Prevost, ForeTravel or NewMar, the space and facilities are true comfort, home from home. So forget all the predictable squeals in the thread about cost, there is always someone with a more expensive motorhome than you AND someone with one less and aspiration is a great motivator, jealousy is not. 9 metres is a good compromise of space to usability. Put a Truck chassis with a 9 metre body and you have payload to build exceptional furniture, slide outs and add extras that bring the bling down to the short van. Vario, Martins @funflair all time favourite have some good examples. So spend your Lottery winnings wisely!

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
I love to see all of these big vans with all of the toys, fair play to the owners if that's what they want and can afford it why should they be judged by others it their money,

I would rather be parked up beside them than a bunch of new age travellers :) @CazPaul (Alde)

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Each to their own, what others want to spend on is their business - but for me personally, lottery win or not, no I definitely wouldn't.

Not only would it be totally impractical for what I want, I don't really like anything that is excessively flash and showy. Just as well it's not a problem as I can't afford anything flash & showy anyway really isn't it? :LOL:

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
To be fair the Germans haven't forgotten it either.

You only need to go to any holiday resort and you will see them invading the pool and sun loungers at first light
One of my favourite adverts from way back.
Germans sneaking out early to get the best sun lounger and the Brit on the balcony threw his towel, it bounced on the water, and landed on the lounger and a union jack unrolled.
Cant remember what the advert was for. Carlsberg?

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
To be fair the Germans haven't forgotten it either.

You only need to go to any holiday resort and you will see them invading the pool and sun loungers at first light
Germans sneaking out early to get the best sun lounger and the Brit on the balcony threw his towel, it bounced on the water, and landed on the lounger and a union jack unrolled.

Oops. Crap signal. Posted it twice and cant delete it.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I would be crapping myself every time I had so much as a cup of tea in case I had an accident and spilled it
... accident caused by you cr@pping yourself? :D

Sep 3, 2014
Eccles, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
American RV A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We had a couple of STXs on the site at los alcaceres it looks like those! Fab we were well jell

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520

Oops. Crap signal. Posted it twice and cant delete it.

One of my favourites.........(y)

Pete

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Last time I saw one like that it had 2 electric bikes in the back and 2 Harley Davidsons.

Oh and they had a Mercedes 2 seater sport on the pitch as well.

Sep 22, 2009
nottingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
Saw one like that on an Aire in Portugal a couple of years ago,it had an oldish car in the back. Definitely,did not fit the image. Then a "surf hotel"pulled on the Aire which extend upward to make a two story block. Made the Merc look small.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back