Concorde charisma or liner 840 or 890 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Peter S

Peter S

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
Towcester
Funster No
MH
A class Concorde liner 89
Exp
Since 2011
I have uploaded some pics here:
Broken Link Removed

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Nice pictures Pete.
That's some motorhome you have !!(y)

John.

ps....Let's see what pictures I can come up with.(y)

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
If you've got an HGV licence and money is no problem, have a look at this German beaut thats found its way onto the UK market.

Link Removed
RS Motorhomes are a Yorkshire based, family owned business with 25 years experience in building bespoke luxury motorhomes. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Right...Here goes.
I had the wheels refurbished.I found that the wheel nuts let the appearance down so I sourced some black covers
DSCF1445.JPG

The table top was badly scratched so renewed.I added led lighting under the table,An idea pinched from a Burstner.
DSCF1451.JPG

Hope the lighting shows up.
DSCF1449.JPG

DSCF1450.JPG

Plastic drawers in the garage.Secured to the radiator cover.
DSCF1446.JPG

Last but not least..Original pathetic horn.....New air horns.Should be fitted next week weather permitting !

DSCF1454.JPG

DSCF1455.JPG

Hope these were of interest.

Regards

John P(y)

OP
OP
Peter S

Peter S

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
Towcester
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2011
Right...Here goes.
I had the wheels refurbished.I found that the wheel nuts let the appearance down so I sourced some black covers
View attachment 149779

The table top was badly scratched so renewed.I added led lighting under the table,An idea pinched from a Burstner.
View attachment 149781
Hope the lighting shows up.
View attachment 149782
View attachment 149784
Plastic drawers in the garage.Secured to the radiator cover.
View attachment 149785
Last but not least..Original pathetic horn.....New air horns.Should be fitted next week weather permitting !

View attachment 149787

View attachment 149789

Hope these were of interest.

Regards

John P(y)
very nice John - all looks very similar. Apart from you having very flashy lighting under the table . We even have matching cadac BBQ' by the looks of it. How did you manage to get your pics in the thread - I couldn't find that option. I thought it was odd at the time.

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
very nice John - all looks very similar. Apart from you having very flashy lighting under the table . We even have matching cadac BBQ' by the looks of it. How did you manage to get your pics in the thread - I couldn't find that option. I thought it was odd at the time.

Probably more luck than judgement Pete but I am learning !!!:winky:.
I wrote my spiel then used the "Upload Photo or File" then selected the photo I wanted and waited for it to upload and it did!!

Hope this helps.

Regards.

John P(y)

OP
OP
Peter S

Peter S

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
Towcester
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2011
Probably more luck than judgement Pete but I am learning !!!:winky:.
I wrote my spiel then used the "Upload Photo or File" then selected the photo I wanted and waited for it to upload and it did!!

Hope this helps.

Regards.

John P(y)
Thanks for that. That's the normal way with a forum but for some reason I could not find that option while looking today. Probably old age related

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Tell me about it........I'm clinging on to my fifties by my finger nails !!!:(

March 16th I will be sixty and Celebrating at Hurley Riverside Caravan Park

with friends.As for the "option" have a look next to the Post reply button.

By the way Pete......Did you stay on the Concierge site ?

Regards.

John P(y)

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
Thanks Pete and John for sharing your photos, good to have a current Concorde thread going.
We bought a second hand Carver ,took delivery beginning of October and still working through 'the briefcase'
We have smaller lounge than you both and wonder if anyone has any solution to having more room around the table. It does slide both ways a bit but is screwed to the floor and to the underside. Could have slightly smaller table top so wonder where you had yours made John if no way of temporary removal.
Also drop down bed is quite heavy to move up and down and the table does restrict you from getting midway. Was assured this was normal and its down to technique but wonder if anyone else has found the same.
Thanks for any help and hope the thread continues.

OP
OP
Peter S

Peter S

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
Towcester
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2011
Tell me about it........I'm clinging on to my fifties by my finger nails !!!:(

March 16th I will be sixty and Celebrating at Hurley Riverside Caravan Park

with friends.As for the "option" have a look next to the Post reply button.

By the way Pete......Did you stay on the Concierge site ?

Regards.

John P(y)
I'm still a youngster then

No , we did think about staying down there for a night, but timing was all wrong - just needed to get back home as so much going on at present.

If I manage to go to Le Mans this year, I may use that site on the way out

OP
OP
Peter S

Peter S

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
Towcester
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks Pete and John for sharing your photos, good to have a current Concorde thread going.
We bought a second hand Carver ,took delivery beginning of October and still working through 'the briefcase'
We have smaller lounge than you both and wonder if anyone has any solution to having more room around the table. It does slide both ways a bit but is screwed to the floor and to the underside. Could have slightly smaller table top so wonder where you had yours made John if no way of temporary removal.
Also drop down bed is quite heavy to move up and down and the table does restrict you from getting midway. Was assured this was normal and its down to technique but wonder if anyone else has found the same.
congrats on the purchase. Yep the briefcase is a bit daunting for sure.

Can't comment on the table really as ours is full size and we just slide it about so it doesn't get in the way.

As for the bed - in our last Charisma I don't remember it being quite as heavy as the one in this liner. However, I recently had a shoulder op and so I suspect some of it is down to that. So yes it's very heavy and takes a bit of shifting. I have found on this one I have to get one side locked in and then go over to the other side as I can't push it up all the way from the middle. Although I have just got a set of dumbells to see if I need to strengthen my arms a bit LOL

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
congrats on the purchase. Yep the briefcase is a bit daunting for sure.

Can't comment on the table really as ours is full size and we just slide it about so it doesn't get in the way.

As for the bed - in our last Charisma I don't remember it being quite as heavy as the one in this liner. However, I recently had a shoulder op and so I suspect some of it is down to that. So yes it's very heavy and takes a bit of shifting. I have found on this one I have to get one side locked in and then go over to the other side as I can't push it up all the way from the middle. Although I have just got a set of dumbells to see if I need to strengthen my arms a bit LOL
Thanks for the reply, maybe dumbells are the answer!! I think technique must help but assuring to know not just me, it can't be that anything needs replacing as it is the same when raising or lowering. Lovely vehicles for us to enjoy.

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005

Big Congratulations on your purchase.The Concordes are a quality piece of kit.Our table is the original and we had it re-veneered.I think your best bet would be a smaller top as there's no temporary removal,this all depends on how big the frame is that the table top sits on.Certainly worth investigating....Funnily enough I find the table a little intrusive but my wife thinks it's great so all down to opinion.

As for the front drop down bed......We ain't got one !!!!!:D
so our Concorde is strictly two berth!!!(y).It wouldn't have bothered us if it came with one or not so can't help with that one.

I hope a few more Concorde owners stick a picture or two on here.....I just like being nosey and always on the look out for new ideas.

Regards

John P(y)

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
image.jpeg
Big Congratulations on your purchase.The Concordes are a quality piece of kit.Our table is the original and we had it re-veneered.I think your best bet would be a smaller top as there's no temporary removal,this all depends on how big the frame is that the table top sits on.Certainly worth investigating....Funnily enough I find the table a little intrusive but my wife thinks it's great so all down to opinion.

As for the front drop down bed......We ain't got one !!!!!:D
so our Concorde is strictly two berth!!!(y).It wouldn't have bothered us if it came with one or not so can't help with that one.

I hope a few more Concorde owners stick a picture or two on here.....I just like being nosey and always on the look out for new ideas.

Regards

John P(y)
Thanks John for your reply I think a slightly smaller top might be worth looking into. We had a Rapido A class before and I always thought some sort of interchangeable top would be a good idea, one with just enough room for tea cups (or wine glasses) and free up the lounge area.

We haven't made any alterations to the interior apart from some seat covers. I agree about photos and hopefully are sending some of Fishery Creek, Hayling Island, after we picked the van up.

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Just had a look under our table regarding the possibility of fitting a smaller top......You might gain 6 ins length ways and 4 ins side to side.

Personally I don't think it's worth it but I thought it might help.:)

Regards.

John P(y)

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
View attachment 149852
Thanks John for your reply I think a slightly smaller top might be worth looking into. We had a Rapido A class before and I always thought some sort of interchangeable top would be a good idea, one with just enough room for tea cups (or wine glasses) and free up the lounge area.

We haven't made any alterations to the interior apart from some seat covers. I agree about photos and hopefully are sending some of Fishery Creek, Hayling Island, after we picked the van up.

Talking of wine glasses.:drinks:

I think the original ones disappeared years ago so I got this idea from Carthago.
Hope they come out ok !!
DSCF1456.JPG

DSCF1457.JPG

Regards.

John P(y)

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
Just had a look under our table regarding the possibility of fitting a smaller top......You might gain 6 ins length ways and 4 ins side to side.

Personally I don't think it's worth it but I thought it might help.:)

Regards.

John P(y)
I think you are right about the table but will keep the options open!

Smart glasses, did you acquire them when they mothballed the plane!!

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Down to Clark's village in Street Somerset for the glasses.......Then good old ebay for the etched decals.

I certainly wouldn't put them in the dish washer but seem to be holding up

in general use.(y)

John P:)

Jan 9, 2010
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Thank you for the pictures Pete, it looks great. We have put (plonked) a microwave in a drawer where your oven is. We will see how we get on with it and if it is OK will get a surround to finish it off nicely if that makes sense.
Kaye

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back