Concorde accident (1 Viewer)

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
As far as I am aware there is no set rule to which way round the Sat dish is fitted, l do believe that Concorde know what they are doing I am currently on my third Concorde two of which did not have the inged side facing the traveling direction and I’ve never had a problem.

Apart from the fact you appear to be a Leeds United supporter :D ;)

Aug 16, 2014
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail GF70
Exp
since 1993
Hell of a jack though - possibly as the front is damaged they can man handle it and turn the steering easier thsn having the full weight on the tyres.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 6, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma 841
Exp
since 2006
I think I would have wanted a full payout on a van that new. Looking at the photos they have simply chopped through the screen pillars and a large section of front wall below the windows. Joining alloy foam sandwich is no easy job, with the expansion and contraction what's a big area like that going to be like in five or six years time. Its one hell of a cut and shut!

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
I thought the same Mike... I can't imagine an insurance company offering a repair in those circumstances.

I wonder if it was bought as a write off and is being resurrected for someone.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I stand to be corrected,however,as I said I have had two factory fit by Concorde and I’m happy and they have been fine.

Additionally,I really cannot see Oyster telling Concorde to go sing if they had a warranty claim.
So what else did the factory fit incorrectly would be my question?

OP
OP
Mikeclaire
Jul 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Concorde 791RL
Exp
15 years
I thought the same Mike... I can't imagine an insurance company offering a repair in those circumstances.

I wonder if it was bought as a write off and is being resurrected for someone.

Yes, that sounds more the case, but you would have to get it for next to nothing to make it worth the time and trouble.

OP
OP
Mikeclaire
Jul 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Concorde 791RL
Exp
15 years
I know that Concorde Morelo and N+B all fit the dish sideways if available space dictates.

Martin
Have had two Concordes, both have been fitted sideways. Think it’s to do with the room you have on the roof, a Concorde roof is a busy roof ?
60FBCFCA-A4BA-410E-9C1C-A34588FFA625.jpeg

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Sat System-- does it work? yes, it's fitted correctly.

Mikeclaire interesting post. Have you any other pics of the repair process? are you logging it for when the day comes that you will have to sell so can detail the works have been done?

Really interested in the cost repair V insurance write off. I know Concords are not cheap but this looks like a mega expensive repair.

how long will it take them to do?

OP
OP
Mikeclaire
Jul 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Concorde 791RL
Exp
15 years
Sat System-- does it work? yes, it's fitted correctly.

Mikeclaire interesting post. Have you any other pics of the repair process? are you logging it for when the day comes that you will have to sell so can detail the works have been done?

Really interested in the cost repair V insurance write off. I know Concords are not cheap but this looks like a mega expensive repair.

how long will it take them to do?

No sorry I don’t know, it was just a post on Concorde factory Facebook page to say what they were doing. Have no other info

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
No sorry I don’t know, it was just a post on Concorde factory Facebook page to say what they were doing. Have no other info

Oh, ok, I thought it was yours. :giggle:

Jan 21, 2015
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Lo-line Coachbuilt
Exp
Just Starting Fifth Year
I think that was the problem, a car was involved some how and the trailer flipped over taking the rest with it.
Not sure about that. I may be missing something but I see a moho on its side and a car still on its trailer in the upright position.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Not sure about that. I may be missing something but I see a moho on its side and a car still on its trailer in the upright position.
There was a report linked on another forum "yes there is another" I believe the car involved was a Mustang, the photo is just a cropped image from the scene.

Martin

Oct 17, 2012
banks
Funster No
MH
mercedes vario youngs con
Exp
probably only concord and phoenix that would do this in house thats why they are so good customer service is exelent spoke to many concorde owners over the years from many countries all say would buy another. The chassis looks like it has a bow in it as for the trolley jack its not a halfords one its proper well done concorde

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back