Conal back again (1 Viewer)

Oct 10, 2009
Bishop's Stortford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Since 2011
Hi everyone, not a prolific contributor (must do better!)
I used to have a small Talbot Express but now have a 10 month old Autotrail Delaware which I am picking up from Brownhills next Saturday.
My wife Hilary and I hope to travel more as she is now retired and I work part time with a very understanding boss.
So far we are going to Ireland for one month in June, Cornwall for three weeks in September and France and Spain to the Algarve at the end of January for a month.
In future years we hope to travel throughout Europe.
I have a 1963 Morris Minor expensively restored (which is mainly why I am still working!) and three grown up children, two still at home.
Hope to get to know other members and am already gaining useful knowledge and advice from other members.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome sounds like the adventures are starting!!:wb:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Hi everyone, not a prolific contributor (must do better!)....

I love that (y).... It has to take the "Understatement Of The Year" award !

A post every 4 years isn't too bad :D

Welcome back from a relative newbie who's looking forward to reading about your new exploits.

OP
OP
Conal
Oct 10, 2009
Bishop's Stortford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Since 2011
Planned to travel when we bought our first motorhome, a medium wheel based Fifer but daughter rushed into hospital with suspected ruptured appendix which ended up being Crohn's disease. Two life saving operations later, and a next door neighbour who insisted in creasing our van with her car door too often, and the van was gone. Bought a (much) cheaper Autosleeper Talbot Express to keep the dream alive but much too small for my wife. Daughter now stable and at University, so after searching for two years, we eventually decide the Delaware was the right one for us. Each time we thought we found what we liked we realised we needed something bigger. Hopefully our third choice will be the right one.

I have been an infrequent reader of the forum; not having what you want can make reading about others travels painful. But we have gained a lot from other's posts and they have been instrumental in our choice.
I will be posting more; probably asking for advice rather than giving it, but we all have to (re)start somewhere.

Thanks to all of you who have welcomed me and we hope to meet some of you on our travels

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back