Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
It would appear that neither of these processors are a match for Intel I3/ I5/I7 processors.

A google search is your friend.:thumb:

can i ask why

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Not a expert but I think they run faster and cooler i7 being the best :thumb:Try looking on ebuyer and pick one then do a search to see if it,s cheaper anywhere Mate who knows about computers has started to recommend DELL says there good on price and rock solid stable
terry

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
Taking the processor in isolation I think the intels at present are better - ie better performance related to cost.

However

1. Whether you need an I3 or I5 or I7 depends very much what you want to do.

2. There are many other factors that also contribute to the system performance, eg memory size and speed, hard disc speed, whether or not there is a solid state disc, whether or not there is a separate graphics card or shared.

Generally serious gaming or serious video editing need the higher performance systems, just normal browsing, word processing etc is fine on, frankly, pretty much any system.

Dell is a good make, personally I also have good experience of Acer. Generally the more you pay the bigger the capacity also the greater the performance.

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Google it - there a dozens of comparison sites.

I have a good quality I3 dual core in my laptop. It is very very quick, as it is a good brand laptop (Lenovo) and has plenty of RAM (8 Gig).

It outperforms the A6 by a considerable margin and probably the A8 too, although that is true quadcore ad the I3 hyperthreads.

I found a load of comparison sites when shopping for my computer. Can't find the specific one I used just now but have a look.

Buy a well respected brand! My wife has the I5 (Same generation) and it is not any faster than mine, Acer just don't put computers together as well as Lenovo do.

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
Google it - there a dozens of comparison sites.

I have a good quality I3 dual core in my laptop. It is very very quick, as it is a good brand laptop (Lenovo) and has plenty of RAM (8 Gig).

It outperforms the A6 by a considerable margin and probably the A8 too, although that is true quadcore ad the I3 hyperthreads.

I found a load of comparison sites when shopping for my computer. Can't find the specific one I used just now but have a look.

Buy a well respected brand! My wife has the I5 (Same generation) and it is not any faster than mine, Acer just don't put computers together as well as Lenovo do.

Nothing against Lenovo, a lot of the company is the old IBM PC. But on my experience I would question the negative Acer comment. I have several machines, my favourite is still my Acer even though it is now 7 years old. The hardware has never gone wrong in any way although I have upgraded the OS from Vista to 8.1. It still outperforms my newest system, which is an HP, despite a theoretically much slower processor. But it was a high end system in its day with a separate graphics card. etc.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
opposite for us 2 acers were nothing but trouble and a lenova replacement has been fine as previously said it will depend on what your using the laptop for i doubt we will buy another laptop can do most of what we do now on a tablet

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Nothing against Lenovo, a lot of the company is the old IBM PC. But on my experience I would question the negative Acer comment. I have several machines, my favourite is still my Acer even though it is now 7 years old. The hardware has never gone wrong in any way although I have upgraded the OS from Vista to 8.1. It still outperforms my newest system, which is an HP, despite a theoretically much slower processor. But it was a high end system in its day with a separate graphics card. etc.

Well all I can say is we each purchased a new laptop within a few weeks of each other. Hers is an i5 and mine is an i3. We both have 8Gig RAM and mine is as least as fast as hers is.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back