Compressor fridge power useage (1 Viewer)

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
You could buy a suitable small 230v house fridge, remove the workings and fit them into your defunct 3 way fridge. Evacuate and regas the system and you've got a motorhome compressor fridge for 100 quid +inverter ?

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
You could buy a suitable small 230v house fridge, remove the workings and fit them into your defunct 3 way fridge. Evacuate and regas the system and you've got a motorhome compressor fridge for 100 quid +inverter ?

I think that would be very difficult as the working parts are substantially different, the 3 way works off a heating element in a totally different way to a compressor fridge.

Top Hat

Free Member
Apr 6, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
8years
2/ applies to both types of fridge. The problem with compressor fridges is that in this country, in average Summer weather, and more especially early or late in the year when lights and maybe TV are eating your battery, you will need twice the battery and solar capacity that you otherwise would. And even then you'll struggle.

True, ment second part of 2 "use free solar when off ehu ŕather than gas" this is especially useful abroad, I carry a 6kg refill bottle and was a little concerned I might run out so after a week I thought I better fill up and was amazed I had used just over 3 litres.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I think that would be very difficult as the working parts are substantially different, the 3 way works off a heating element in a totally different way to a compressor fridge.
Sorry, I wasn't very clear. You'd have to remove all the 3 way stuff so you'd just have the insulated box. Fit the evaporator inside, feed the capillary and 1/4 suction pipe out and sit the compressor and condenser round the back. Braze it up, vac it, put a squirt of gas in and it's all done. Easy ??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back