Free Member
Jun 28, 2014
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2010
Is it better to stump up the cost and store the motorhome in a compound or save the money and park outside the house on the road. Van is alarmed with tracker and 24 hour monitor.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
If I couldn't park on my own property I would store in a secure compound, but it depends on where you live.

Here I park on my own property, if I was on the road I'd be frightened of it being hot by a tractor, or in the winter, a snow plough.

Last edited:
May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
I think that insurance companies prefer the MH on a drive which reduces the premiums. So I'd ask the insurance co. which option is cheaper for you, in a compound or on the street then work out total costs. Guess it depends if you think it's "at risk" on the road outside your house.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Or do you want to advertise the fact that your away for weeks at a time when the motorhome is not there? You pay your money you take your chance.

DiddyDoddy

Free Member
Aug 19, 2014
Funster No
Is it better to stump up the cost and store the motorhome in a compound or save the money and park outside the house on the road. Van is alarmed with tracker and 24 hour monitor.
MUCH BETTER OUTSIDE THE HOUSE,NO HASSLE AND READY TO GO ANYWHERE AT ANYTIME.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
If it's actually in the road there is a risk of it being hit by passing traffic, or as happened to me at a previous address, having the mirrors pulled off and the doors kicked in by drunks.
A compound is a better idea as it does shout to the world that your house is empty when you are away.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Your probably 100% safe anywhere in the country, with the exception of Merseyside. :)(y);)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back