Oct 29, 2014
Bradford
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie, but enjoying it.
Hi all,
My husband and I have recently (July) bought our first motorhome, he's never camped or caravaned before (I've caravaned but over 30 years ago) we've been looking for a motor home for a couple of years and finally bought our Autocruise Gleneagle. We went to Devon and Cornwall for a week just one day after we bought it, then we've just had 3 days in Hawes, 3 days in Pickering for the 1940's weekend and had 2 days at the NEC for the Caravan and motorhome show. We have thoroughly enjoyed it and am very pleased to say, we haven't fallen out!! Pickering was a real test for us as we had to use all our own facilities, no electrics. Love the way all other motorhome drivers wave to you, really makes me giggle, seems so friendly.
Our question to all is are there any rallies we can attend, we live in Bradford West yorkshire.
Sorry for the long post. Hope to meet up with some of you soon.
Mallybobs.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Welcome on board. Been motorhoming for 7 years and still a novice. But that is mainly 'cos I is an idiot.......

Enjoy the van and the freedom (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Mallybobs

Welcome to fun.

If you click on the forums tab at the top you can then go down and find the rallies section so that should help out with what's on. There is a meet on for New Year at Cheltenham if you fancy that.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hi Mallybobs

Welcome to fun.

If you click on the forums tab at the top you can then go down and find the rallies section so that should help out with what's on. There is a meet on for New Year at Cheltenham if you fancy that.
Not too late to book and not too late for the NYE meal either......

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
You'll find quite a few on Fun and I can recommend those. I'm a member of the Camping & Caravanning club, mainly for their District Associations. Every county has at least one DA. They organise lots of local weekends throughout the year anywhere they can get permission to camp, winter schools are mainly used, summer famers fields. Most meets just turn up, no booking required. They also run a lot of temporary holiday sites (THS) in the summer, these are a good cheap way of having a holiday. :cool:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome to Fun, click on Forums scroll down to rallies click on have a look at any you fancy, put your name down on the list on any you want, Fun Rallies are something special :welc:

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Hi all,
My husband and I have recently (July) bought our first motorhome, he's never camped or caravaned before (I've caravaned but over 30 years ago) we've been looking for a motor home for a couple of years and finally bought our Autocruise Gleneagle. We went to Devon and Cornwall for a week just one day after we bought it, then we've just had 3 days in Hawes, 3 days in Pickering for the 1940's weekend and had 2 days at the NEC for the Caravan and motorhome show. We have thoroughly enjoyed it and am very pleased to say, we haven't fallen out!! Pickering was a real test for us as we had to use all our own facilities, no electrics. Love the way all other motorhome drivers wave to you, really makes me giggle, seems so friendly.
Our question to all is are there any rallies we can attend, we live in Bradford West yorkshire.
Mallybobs.

Nah! i didnt think it was to long..................(y)

Welcome.........................:active::beerchug:

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Hope you get on a Funster rally - I only joined last year and rallied with them at Malvern Motorhome show. I can honestly say I haven't had so much fun in years, everyone is so friendly.
Just can't wait for the Peterborough show in April!

OP
OP
Mallybobs

Mallybobs

Free Member
Oct 29, 2014
Bradford
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Thanks Sedges, hadn't realised you had to subscribe. Now done that just waiting for confirmation

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Well it looks like your subs have been paid as your name is in grey like the rest of us. It'll probably be the best tenner you ever spent(y)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Love the way all other motorhome drivers wave to you, really makes me giggle, seems so friendly
Mallybobs.

Yes indeed.

Now you can use the Official FUN Wave.

Clench your fist, extend the second finger and wave vigorously. Watch the look of envy on their faces "Oh there goes a FUNster, wish I was one".

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Smiley%20Hello.gif

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well done!

I thought, well it's nice of folk to suggest he goes on a meet or rally, and where to find the details - and get him all excited about it - but how's he going to find the ruddy things? You'd have had a hard job finding any without coughing up - and I hate to see people struggling! LOL

OP
OP
Mallybobs

Mallybobs

Free Member
Oct 29, 2014
Bradford
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Thanks for that Sedge I had tried to look but kept saying I wasn't allowed and wondered why? Now I can see it it's great value for a tenner.

TERRY&PAULINE

Free Member
Feb 18, 2015
coventry
Funster No
MH
autocruise starfire
Exp
since 1987
Yes indeed.

Now you can use the Official FUN Wave.

Clench your fist, extend the second finger and wave vigorously. Watch the look of envy on their faces "Oh there goes a FUNster, wish I was one".
Hi isn't that a rude sign?

TERRY&PAULINE

Free Member
Feb 18, 2015
coventry
Funster No
MH
autocruise starfire
Exp
since 1987
Hi all,
Mallybobs.

Welcome you are hooked now , plenty of good banter on here

Murphy

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
Shire Conversion
Exp
Enjoy, we have been to places we would never have dreamed of visiting had we not had our van, get out there and explore, we,ve loved every adventure !

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi there and welcome to MHF (y)
Brian & Jo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back