Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Hi everyone,

We have taken the plunge to 'hire' a motorhome in order to travel to Blois in the Loire. This intention is to start here for a 10 day cycling trip along it's banks.
We have NEVER driven/used a motorhome, ever but really looking forward to it. We have already gained some useful info from you all i.e. avoiding Paris + we thank you !
We have invested in the 'Aires' book but all advice would be gratefully accepted.

One question is that we plan to stop and camp half way between Calais (Le Shuttle) + Blois so we have plenty of time to get used to the van on our first day, anyone able to help on best area + where we could stay ? :helpsos:

All practical advice accepted for our first motorhome adventure !!!!!!!!!!

Cheers all, good to meet you.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Hi and welcome.
A good look at your Aires book will give you a suitable place.:thumb:
There are plenty Francophiles on here, you will never be short of good advice.
They will be along soon.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Hi LAM

I`m in the same situation, hiring MH for first time & taking it to France as a first trip so feeling a little apprehensive !
Our destination is a little "fluid" we had hoped to stay around Brittany so as to avoid over doing the driving, but we leave on 7th June and the weather still looks a little unsettled so we may head further south to catch some sun, hopefully.
So much MH stuff to learn in a short time but looking forward to it !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
:fatbuddha:

I drove a 7.5 tonner round Paris during rush hour and survived - so did the MH and all the other drivers, without even a tiny scratch. Pretty uneventful considering how terrified I was when it dawned on me that would be my turn to drive.

OP
OP
LAM

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Hi everyone,

We have taken the plunge to 'hire' a motorhome in order to travel to Blois in the Loire. This intention is to start here for a 10 day cycling trip along it's banks.
We have NEVER driven/used a motorhome, ever but really looking forward to it. We have already gained some useful info from you all i.e. avoiding Paris + we thank you !
We have invested in the 'Aires' book but all advice would be gratefully accepted.

One question is that we plan to stop and camp half way between Calais (Le Shuttle) + Blois so we have plenty of time to get used to the van on our first day, anyone able to help on best area + where we could stay ? :helpsos:

All practical advice accepted for our first motorhome adventure !!!!!!!!!!

Cheers all, good to meet you.

Have been looking at Rouen. Read somewhere there is a nice site (aire ?) at Evreux but can't find anything. Also Brezolies.
Can anyone help, please ? :helpsos:

Chriswantsamh, we leave on the 11th we could have met and be 'apprehensive together ! )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 10, 2014
glasgow
Funster No
MH
iveco conversion
Exp
france

yes brittany can be a little dodgy re weather but my parents had a house there. Wonderful food, good roads, lots of places to stay. Vannes great, Halles de poisson. Brieres near St Nazarre, beaches, damgam, Island trips.... horse riding, Golf, fishing, ilse de Pay,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back