Free Member
Jul 8, 2016
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi everyone. I am new to this site, currently looking for my first camper/motorhome and this is my first post ever to a forum so here's hoping I get it right. Has anybody ever come across or know anything about a Vauxhall Vivaro Monaco campervan. I saw one today for sale and fell in love with it. It is very small at only 4.8m long but being my first one plus terrified of driving anything too big I thought I should compromise on the luxuries in favour of feeling happy about driving . I am also having to sell my car to put towards the cost so thought it would double up as both. I want to start by making a few short trips and hopefully gain the confidence to do a bit more travelling as I've never done it before. It'll just be me and the dog and as a, shall we say, older woman, I'm excited but terrified all at the same time. Sorry to waffle on but if anyone has any experience of these or can suggest anything of a similar size to this I would love to hear. Thanks all.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. Driving something the size of a motorhome seems daunting at first but very soon you come to realise it's no different from driving a car (well almost). Once you get started you'll be surprised how easy it is. The biggest problem will be RWS (Restles Wheel Syndrome! :D)

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hello and welcome.

I owned a vivaro for 3 years and loved it. Hardly ever a fault with it.
Great for parking in normal spaces too.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome , it sounds like a lovely little van and just right for you and your doggy! Good luck and keep us posted!:welcomesign:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
A mate of mine has a Vivaro 2.2. Commercial van
Always breaking down but then he is an expert and master at buying other peoples problem cars
Dont let this put you off......He only paid £650 for it so what more can you expect.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Hi Wanda and a big :pink:,sure there are many members here with Vivaro vans who will be only too pleased to help.
Enjoy the forum and the excitement don't be frightened,all will be well!!

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
image.gif
Good choice, the size will be good for everyday driving and you will be able to be nice and cosy when overnighting. Post any questions you have and you will find a quick and helpful response from the funsters.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Just had a look at a Vivaro camper and they look nice. We started with a van a similar size and I was happy to drive it. I now have to pluck up courage to try driving a coach built Motorhome, so if you're concerned about driving a bigger vehicle go for the smaller one and enjoy!

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hello & :pink:
A big step for you but once you've taken it I'm sure you'll love it....and it's a brilliant lifestyle when you have a dog.

There are lots of forum members who travel alone....when you get sorted you might enjoy joining any of the meets...they're a lovely bunch:)

May be worth you paying to join for the year.....you will get lots of help & advice with any queries you may have.......best £15 you will spend.

OP
OP
W

wandawiththedog

Free Member
Jul 8, 2016
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for all the kind words and advice everyone.
Can't wait to get a campervan now and get on the road. :thanks3:.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back