Compatible printer inks ? (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I'm looking for compatible ink cartridges for an Epson WP-4535 printer..

Can anyone recommend a decent compatible ink supplier .. ?

I usually buy OEMs , but would like to save a few bob.

I've had a Google, and there are plenty to choose from, some with good reviews, but personal recommendations are always much more valuable :Smile:

TIA

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I always use same company and they have yours on Ebay

Broken Link Removed

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Jim,

I buy JetTec cartridges for my Epson printer from Colemans, the High St Stationers. They do a 3 for 2 deal.

Or, you might get a better deal Here.

Cheers,

Jock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Jim, last time I bought them I did a test purchase of one set and when they proved good I bought a set of 20 for around £13 if memory is right (ebays cheapest:winky:)
terry

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Why not buy a set of refillable cartridges and separate bottles of ink , works out even cheaper if you print a lot
EBay item number

I have used them in my printer for 18 months now with no problem a Epson px720

Last edited:

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
Daft as it might be, it is usually cheaper to buy a new printer than to replace ink cartridges. Surly that can`t be right, can it?
I was told rightly or wrongly that some printer manufacturers are chipping their printers, so that they either fail or reject compatible inks. Something to do with chips in the cartridges not talking to the printer. :Eeek:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
as i recall there was a court case regarding the manufacturers fitting chips that wouldnt allow cheaper copies to be used. the manufacturer lost as it was deemed anti competitive and caused a monopoly and associated inflated prices.

since then manufacturers fit chips that talk to the printer but cannot prevent clone copies being sold

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Daft as it might be, it is usually cheaper to buy a new printer than to replace ink cartridges. Surly that can`t be right, can it?
I was told rightly or wrongly that some printer manufacturers are chipping their printers, so that they either fail or reject compatible inks. Something to do with chips in the cartridges not talking to the printer. :Eeek:

I can buy all relevant cartridges for around £3. Can't buy a printer for that.

And never heard of makers installing dodgy procedures. Imagine the outcry if they were caught out ?

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland

The ink cartridges that come with a new printer are only a 'trial' size and usually run out pretty quick..

Printers are sold at a loss, the manufacturer depends on the consumables to make a profit.

Styx

Free Member
May 1, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
My Epson BX305FW 4-in-1 won't recognise compatible cartridges - it just continues to tell you that the cartridge needs changing :RollEyes: as I found to my cost... :cry:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
The ink cartridges that come with a new printer are only a 'trial' size and usually run out pretty quick..

Printers are sold at a loss, the manufacturer depends on the consumables to make a profit.

The cartridge that came with our first printer (lexmark) seemed to last forever, when they did give up went to Cartridge World, at about half price, but lasted nowhere near as long. Maybe we did more printing , not sure.
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

GRUMPY OLD GIT

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 8, 2011
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Started in1974 with a converted London ambulance
Have a look at www.printerbasics.com.
Good prices and cartridges guaranteed.
I get mine from them and never had a problem.
Last day of January sales today,,,,,,,,, I've just stocked up,,,,,,,,,
6 cartridges for the price of 1 at Currys :thumb:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Another recommendation is www.internet-ink.co.uk, I have used them for years, as has my Dad, Sister and various neighbours. None of us have ever had any problems with the cartridges.
They currently have a 20% discount offer till tomorrow night, otherwise get 10% off using Giveme10 at the checkout. Free delivery too.

Allan

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We have an Epson R240 and always buy our replacement compatible ones from Amazon sellers, never had any problems with them at all.
Would post a direct link for your model, but my links don't seem to work for some reason:RollEyes:

Amazon website http://www.amazon.co.uk
What do you know? The link to Amazon actually worked this time.....

Last edited:

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
My Epson BX305FW 4-in-1 won't recognise compatible cartridges - it just continues to tell you that the cartridge needs changing :RollEyes: as I found to my cost... :cry:

AS I also found to my cost. Mine was an Epson all singing all dancing, copier scanner printer photo manipulation, wifi etc. ran low on black ink. Gave me same messages as above when so called compatible cartridges were installed. Went to buy Epson replacements and found that a new printer copier scanner wifi etc was cheaper. So I bought that rather than risk laying out for "proper" cartridges only to find that the printer has been compromised.
No problems at the moment. I did try the new cartridges in the original printer, only to find that the same message appeared, but they still work in the new one.
So did the compatible cartridges cause the fault? I don`t know, but the techy said they did.....:Sad:.

Styx

Free Member
May 1, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
AS I also found to my cost. Mine was an Epson all singing all dancing, copier scanner printer photo manipulation, wifi etc. ran low on black ink. Gave me same messages as above when so called compatible cartridges were installed. Went to buy Epson replacements and found that a new printer copier scanner wifi etc was cheaper. So I bought that rather than risk laying out for "proper" cartridges only to find that the printer has been compromised.
No problems at the moment. I did try the new cartridges in the original printer, only to find that the same message appeared, but they still work in the new one.
So did the compatible cartridges cause the fault? I don`t know, but the techy said they did.....:Sad:.

Fortunately, normal service was resumed once I'd replaced the compatibles with Canon originals - not dared try anything other than originals since :Nowink:

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Just remember if you use compatible cartridges the quality will not be the same as the original ones. I use a Canon IP4500 for printing photos using Canon cartridges, if i don't use Canon ink the photos fade over the years.
I use an old Epson printer for run of the mill stuff and use Pro-Jet cartridges for that.
Dave. :Smile:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
In my Canon printers I always use genuine Canon cartridges, reason is when I used compatible's with a Canon it ruined it, had to throw it out, I was lucky and went back to the shop told them what had happened, took proof, it had damaged the heads, the compatible ink manufacturer, sent me a cheque to get a new Canon Printer for £80 , In our Epson printers we always use Jet-Tec, no problem with them at all, we buy from Ink Factory, if you shop around you can get buy one get one free, which we did last week, yes we have a few printers but they are all used every day.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
www.247ink.com

Always reliable and very competitive on price especially on Epson.
I've just had a look, and their prices are very good. For my Epson DX7400, the cartridges are priced £9.99 for four :Smile:

Thanks for the link Coffeeroffey. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I also ruined a printer using refillable inks, have never used anything but genuine since but always baulk at the cost.
Soon forget though but at least I still have a reliable printer that still works.
Paid £28 FOR MY LAST BLACK INK CARTRIDGE, oops sorry for shouting.

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
I`m glad that it`s not just me.

I still believe that the manufacturers of printers are taking us for a ride when new printers can be bought for similar amounts of cash as generic inks. Why are ink cartridges so expensive? Makes petrol, whisky and almost anything else that comes as a liquid very cheap in comparison.

If they are making it difficult to use compatibles, as I still believe they are, then why are we standing for it? It seems that they are all at it, so swapping brands does not help.

Perhaps the answer lies in laser printers. But when they really catch on, as they probably will, no doubt toner prices will rocket.

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Laser printers are very good, toner lasts me well over 12 months, it is only a black and white one though, it is also quicker at printing, and works out cheaper per sheet of A4 , I need a toner now, run out.:Doh:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Laser printers are very good, toner lasts me well over 12 months, it is only a black and white one though, [HI]it is also quicker at printing, and works out cheaper per sheet of A4[/HI] , I need a toner now, run out.:Doh:

as I do a lot of b/w printing for the Scouts I looked at lasers before buying .. and it may be a surprise but..

EPSON WORKFORCE PRO WP-4535 DWF, it's [HI]Faster than a laser and half the cost[/HI] , A high-performance business 4-in-1 with Wi-Fi that saves time and money when compared to laser printing.

RRP (incl. VAT): £299.99

Broken Link Removed

you can find them new for about £170 on Amazon .. my inks lasted just over 10 months.. and they were the original 'trial' size inks.

Epson service is excellent..

just last week I had an unusual problem, the fault light came on and the info panel said it was jammed .. which it wasn't..
I could still print from the bottom tray but not the rear.. so I emailed Epson and they called me and organised a site visit..

A service engineer came out yesterday, had a look then exchanged it under warranty ..no charge for call out.. but sadly , no free inks ..

so if you are looking for a small business printer that is fast and relatively cheap to run I would recommend this one.

Thanks for all the suggested suppliers of inks.. I'm more confused than ever:Doh:

still wading though them but on balance I may just buy Epson OEMs..

Last edited:

automedon

Free Member
Mar 22, 2013
Huddersfield West Yorks.
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Sprinter convers
Exp
3 yrs
Compatible Inks

Hi Jim, try inkjungle.com, if buying enter code WOWs for a 5% discount.
I use them for my HP Deskjet, no problems and the cartridge holds more ink!!:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back