Compas Merit 460 1996 Peugeot Boxer 2500cc Engine (1 Viewer)

Alan Mayell

Free Member
Jan 29, 2018
Funster No
Hello,
Never done this before so please excuse any no protocol. I am in the process of purchasing a Peugeot Boxer cabed motorhome. The third gear ''cluncks'' as the sycro appears to have gone. Having problems getting prices to replace locally. I have asked for the clutch to be checked at the same time. Anybody any ideas??

Thanks

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It could be that it just needs adjusting rather than replacing ... best to let a garage check it first and do a bit of research on the web too, to see if it IS definitely a replacement job.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

adonisito

Free Member
Oct 8, 2016
bognor regis
Funster No
MH
Burstner Aviano 675G
Exp
10 years
We had that engine on our first van, it’s as tough as old boots, but there’s no turbo so its slow uphill. I seem to remember we had a clunky box and occasional funny noises from the clutch which I had replaced. They have to drop the box to get at it so it’s not cheap, in our case it made hardly any difference anyway ! A new clutch cable might be a better step than replacing the clutch. Get some advice from the pros.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Whats the millage on it ?
Ours is stiff when cold so requires a good warm up & was worse after we had the oil changed but a run down to Cornwall fixed it.

5th gear is the one to watch as it can fail due to lack of lubrication as it is a bolt on item & not actually inside the box, the fix is to overfill the box to 1.75 litres & not to engage it untill fully warmed up then out on a run (in our case anything below 60) drop down to fourth to allow the oil to spash 5th gear & give it some lube.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back