Compare the Market v Direct Contact (1 Viewer)

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
A head of a 14th August requirement I started to look at insuring our new MH.
I used Compare the Market with mine & the MH details.
The quotes range from ~£145 to £330
The dearest one is with Comfort Premier and mentions gas explosions as being covered but no legal aid, no european travel & several other nos :eek:
The cheap one is with Advance "saver". Now that has legal aid & EU cover, but doesn't mention a gas explosion :eek:

My question then is: is the Compare the Market took limited in how relevant the searches are for our motorhomes?

Adrain Flux is appearing at £234 with a low excess compared to others. With a few options at "yes". :)

I've still time to investigate.
Maybe I'll go direct to a few possibles and see if those gas bottle explosions get mentioned outside of the Compare the Market tool....

cheers for now

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
he dearest one is with Comfort Premier and mentions gas explosions as being covered but no legal aid, no european travel & several other nos :eek:
Comfort is normally one of the cheapest, legal aid is standard so is European cover, .
With Motorhomes it is always best to go direct, Comfort will give a 5% discount for Fun members.
Also check the windscreen cover important if you have an A Class.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Some time to tell me now!:mad: Just signed up this morning!:cry:

You have 14 days in which to cancel it .. :D

You also need to know if they want a Tracker and Alarm System .. We went with NFU because they didn't want either and they cover windscreens for an A Class which are not cheap.

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I got a big discount on my bike insurance by joining a motorcycle forum, I did it on line whilst on the phone to the broker, the guy said because I was now a member of the forum companies who hadn't quoted before now did. Insurance is very strange

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
You have 14 days in which to cancel it .. :D

You also need to know if they want a Tracker and Alarm System .. We went with NFU because they didn't want either and they cover windscreens for an A Class which are not cheap.
Comfort
Alarm, just the factory fitted.
Tracker, we've got one but not "Thatcham" approved so missed out on 5% discount.
Not worth the effort as it would only a few pounds. Toffs are careless!:rolleyes:
I'll just get me own back on Lenny HB by asking numerous questions on the next job of fitting a Snipe on our bus.;):whistle::giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back