Oct 29, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
Comag receiver

Being a complete novice I would like to know if this receiver (with CI slot) will take my Sky card from my home system?

I've put a question on Amazon but that could take forever.

Any help would be appreciated.:shout:

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I would say NOT
it has to be a sky reciever or somthing like a dreambox that can emulate a sky box, you can buy used sky boxes on e-bay from about £10

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
Your Sky card can only be used in the box it has been associated with by Sky if you want to continue receiving all of the programmes you subscribe to.

If you want to use it in another box you have to phone them with details of the replacement box and they will change it over for you free of charge.

If you put it into a different Digibox without getting Sky to transfer it to a different box you would only be able receive the free channels.

Phil.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Unless your a hard core sports or corrie fan why bother with a Sky subscription..?
There are a zillion free channels including Ch 4 and now Ch 5 with plenty of crap to watch. :roflmto::roflmto:

OP
OP
Redjumpa

Redjumpa

Free Member
Oct 29, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
Unless your a hard core sports or corrie fan why bother with a Sky subscription..?
There are a zillion free channels including Ch 4 and now Ch 5 with plenty of crap to watch. :roflmto::roflmto:

It's the sport I was after ............. I incorrectly thought that as I paid for sky I could use it when and where it suited me :ROFLMAO:

blackie

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
N IRELAND
Funster No
MH
C/CLASS
Exp
10 YEARS
camos static 40cm dome

Hoping to fit 40cm static camos dome.going down to benidorm for winter.any got same or any info re reception.thank you blackie

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Hoping to fit 40cm static camos dome.going down to benidorm for winter.any got same or any info re reception.thank you blackie

Check with Roadpro, they quote what it will receive and where from personal experience, i.e. Andy Harris goes out there and tries it! If you can't find the answer to your question on their website or in their literature then phone them up and ask them, they're very nice people:winky:.

Check out our website for winter sale bargains::bigsmile::winky:.

D.

texastaffy

Free Member
Aug 9, 2008
Funster No

We've had a Camos 40CM for around 5years now, works fine, no probs, however you will not get bbc 1, ITV etc on it down southern spain you will need at least 1.4m dish for those chanels.
We're at Lamaga at the moment. The CAMOS will give you sky news, true movies, s4c, and a few others.

eRIC

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Your Sky card can only be used in the box it has been associated with by Sky if you want to continue receiving all of the programmes you subscribe to.

If you want to use it in another box you have to phone them with details of the replacement box and they will change it over for you free of charge.

If you put it into a different Digibox without getting Sky to transfer it to a different box you would only be able receive the free channels.

Phil.

This is not so Phil. I regularly take my Sky card with me all over Europe and get all channels I have paid for, except limitations in Southern Spain mention earlier. I use 2 separate Sky boxes one at home & and an old one in the motorhome, same programmes on both. :thumb:

For the definitive guide to what is avalable and how to set up see CLICK HERE.This is not my site but gives loads of info.

If you must have BBC in the South use the Red button from BBC Parliment, lots of BBC stuff here.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back