Free Member
Oct 17, 2017
Reading Berkshire uk
Funster No
MH
Mercedes landsleeper spr
Exp
One year
Hi Alan yes I did receive your message no I'm a bit of a technephobe it would be great if we could get three or four together for this iv not taken the van to Europe before only the car but free camping or cheap stops is the way for me as I'm retired and will be on a budget. Told myself when I was 19 and in Vigo that I'd be back to visit Portugal one day . It's great to be free of any ties so it doesn't matter how long I'm away .

OP
OP
Linda jane

Linda jane

Free Member
Oct 17, 2017
Reading Berkshire uk
Funster No
MH
Mercedes landsleeper spr
Exp
One year
Hi &Mophead&SallyM are you keeping up with this thread although it seems we will not be in sync this time

Alan Dixon

Free Member
Jun 26, 2018
Funster No
Let me know if you do decide to go and it would be good if others would join us, I am a member of Brittany ferries and I can put another person on my. Membership, for about I think 70 pounds you would save about 250 pounds also if you book one way you have no ties when you want to return, and it works out the same cost,I would love to go in a group Kind Regards Alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kjack

Free Member
Sep 1, 2017
Chard
Funster No
MH
Iveco daily
Exp
Since 2010
Well I did Portugal and Spain all on my tod last Jan Feb March I enjoyed it so much I am of again this Jan so if any one else is out there and wana a tag along give me a shout yes it would have been better with 2 or 3 even more .I am flexi on dates and times .Well if there is anyone planning a winter trip on there tod give me a shout Kj

OP
OP
Linda jane

Linda jane

Free Member
Oct 17, 2017
Reading Berkshire uk
Funster No
MH
Mercedes landsleeper spr
Exp
One year
Hi Kjack ,&Alen Dixon&Mophead&SallyM
What's Portugal like in January.
did you visit mountains or stay to the coast . Also I guess it would be prudent to find out if fellow travellers are compatable ie do you move on regularly or stay in the same place if you like it, are you an explorer or a laid back kind of traveler ?on the campsites iv been to in the UK there seems to be two types one up at the crack of dawn and one still breakfasting at 10.00.
Myself I'm a bit of both depending on my mood so as long as it's not all one way I'll fit in hopefully.

Alan Dixon

Free Member
Jun 26, 2018
Funster No
My experience of Portugal is 12 years of being there in the winter time And I feel I know The Algarve fairly well, I've stayed there in hotels and also the hole length of most of this area in a motorhome.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hi Kjack ,&Alen Dixon&Mophead&SallyM
What's Portugal like in January.
did you visit mountains or stay to the coast . Also I guess it would be prudent to find out if fellow travellers are compatable ie do you move on regularly or stay in the same place if you like it, are you an explorer or a laid back kind of traveler ?on the campsites iv been to in the UK there seems to be two types one up at the crack of dawn and one still breakfasting at 10.00.
Myself I'm a bit of both depending on my mood so as long as it's not all one way I'll fit in hopefully.

If you want to tag folk to the thread put a @in front of their name and not an & like this
@Kjack @Alan Dixon @mophead

Just watch for the names appearing as you type and click it.(y)

Alan Dixon

Free Member
Jun 26, 2018
Funster No
If I have done something incorrectly please let me know?

Alan Dixon

Free Member
Jun 26, 2018
Funster No
Hi Linda jane I'm new to all of this, can we restart our conversation if you are going near Bristol it may be good to see others in a parking area all together at the same time,

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
If I have done something incorrectly please let me know?
Don't think you did anything wrong , irnbru was just explaining that if you want to get someone's to see your post put a @ in front as. @Alan Dixon it helps them see your post. Good luck with the plans.

Alan Dixon

Free Member
Jun 26, 2018
Funster No
Hi, Kjack, I see your in Chard, I'm in newton Abbot area, maybe we could meet up soon for a drink ore a bit of lunch, I dont mind driving up there ore meeting somewhere to suit us both, Regards Alan Dixon

Kjack

Free Member
Sep 1, 2017
Chard
Funster No
MH
Iveco daily
Exp
Since 2010
Hi yea no problem I'm away this coming weekend until the following mid week. I will give you a shout then if I should forget you send me a reminder head like a sif. Catch you soon. Kev

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi ...yes just looked at the thread - and yes still interested... looks as though a few of us might be up for a trip... I'm down to Warwick tomorrow to meet a friend for a few days - anyone live close by? As suggested and if possible it would be a good idea to try and meet up beforehand -- I'm heading to Taunton Sept 11/12th if any good for the Bristol area?

Alan Dixon

Free Member
Jun 26, 2018
Funster No
Hi mophead , This sounds as it could be happening, I do think it would be good at some time for as many as possible to meet, If I can help in anyway please ask. Regards Alan Dixon

Jul 22, 2017
Taunton, Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Starting to understand
@mophead coffee would have been fine but i'm away to Cornwall then. Would have liked to have met up to talk about going away with you all but have already booked a tour for 3 mths in Jan to Canary Islands. Maybe the following year!!!! But enjoy Taunton.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i dont think many people just form a group to travel with its more you go to a few shows or rallies meet people then find a common interest and then plan a trip. Otherwise you could wind up with people you have little in common with having said that tinder and grindr work for some

Alan Dixon

Free Member
Jun 26, 2018
Funster No
Hi Mitzimad, I do agree that it is important for people to meet each other before deciding to commit, I think the Idea is to meet some where before if possible,

Kjack

Free Member
Sep 1, 2017
Chard
Funster No
MH
Iveco daily
Exp
Since 2010
Hi to you all following I'm quite happy to meet up anytime with anyone just give me a shout I have booked my ferry could no resist the price it was 150 quid cheaper than last year as I left it a bit late and that is when the price creeps up so if you are serious book asap. 354 Portsmouth /Santander I'm happy with that .Lets go rock and roll Kj

Alan Dixon

Free Member
Jun 26, 2018
Funster No
@Kjack, Is that one way, I'm going to find out know the cost from Plymouth as I live in Bishopsteignton which is only 35 miles from me, and I have a Brittan ferries membership which give me about a third off the tracel costs and some meals at free.what dates are you booking.

Alan Dixon

Free Member
Jun 26, 2018
Funster No
@ Kjack, I got it at 241.50 1way but with an outside cabin for 3 an extra 95.00 Is yours with the cabin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back