Company wanted 2018 (1 Viewer)

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Aha, I guess you joined Fun on a 'Need to Nose' basis then? ;)
Trouble with t'internet is one can be distracted for an hour or two by stuff you never knew you didn't need to know.
I'm digging deeper into this site with time to kill since it's a wet claggy day here in Sussex. What else can a chap do when he's serviced and spruced up the m/h in the drive, squeezed all the toothpaste to the proper end of the tube and picked all the fluff out of his jacket Velcro? Booking the ferry to Spain comes to mind..............

OP
OP
Linda jane

Linda jane

Free Member
Oct 17, 2017
Reading Berkshire uk
Funster No
MH
Mercedes landsleeper spr
Exp
One year
When I searched for solo motorhome groups Dunster was the first up and looked like it was what I was after but only on your suggestion I joined companions that also seems to fit the bill only the website isn't as easy to nose around without joining so I joined.
I'm busy de cluttering and pain't in the house so I can find a buyer I need to find a house where I can park the van before I can start thinking of Spain. Happy daydreams
Lj

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
Hi Linda

If you are looking for somewhere local to meet other motorhomers you could try the Red Lion in Oxford. Its a nice country pub that allows overnight stays. If you eat and drink in pub there is no charge for staying overnight

We stayed for 2 nights while our son went to the Reading festival. There is always lots of motorhomes there. A good place to meet up with other funsters and arrange future trips that you mention.

http://redlionoldmarston.com

When I searched for solo motorhome groups Dunster was the first up and looked like it was what I was after but only on your suggestion I joined companions that also seems to fit the bill only the website isn't as easy to nose around without joining so I joined.
I'm busy de cluttering and pain't in the house so I can find a buyer I need to find a house where I can park the van before I can start thinking of Spain. Happy daydreams
Lj

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Linda jane

Linda jane

Free Member
Oct 17, 2017
Reading Berkshire uk
Funster No
MH
Mercedes landsleeper spr
Exp
One year
Thanks Chris
That's really useful
My daughter lives in chipping norton and that would be a really good meeting point for us.
Linda

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Don't forget when h you're in France and heading south to pop into le repaire campsite in Thiviers and say hi. .that's now my home for 6 months of the year the rest of time I am back in Newbury or touring ..Roy

Stewart

Free Member
Nov 10, 2016
England
Funster No
MH
Devon Monte Carlo van con
Exp
many years
What's the weather like across the winter in Thiviers?

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
whats your plans Dave for the coming year ..you will be welcome to drop in for a very small w of vino plonko should you wander my way
Lol

May 30, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Coach-built
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Linda, sounds quite a trip. I am v interested in travel to Netherlands and Scandinavia in 2019. In 2018 I’m driving to Montenegro via France, Belgium, Lux, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, leaving mid Aug return early Oct. Currently waiting for reply from Montenegro Embassy ref taking dogs over the border as EU Pet Passport Scheme does not apply!

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi SallyM - I'm not sure Linda is replying to anything anymore...I also sent her a private message and no reply. I can't see that Linda has put anything on here since October??
Anyway, your trip sounds good - are you going solo - except for the doggie of course!

May 30, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Coach-built
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Mopheadgoing with another solo who wants to visit her family in Montenegro-so far ambiguous reply from Montenegro Embassy re taking dogs across border so I’ve offered to loiter in Croatia for a while with her dog while she goes ahead. How do I find my original thread to Linda?!

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi....I think this is the original thread...
When are you going to Croatia?
Ang

May 30, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Coach-built
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Linda you may already be on your travels a la Europe but I am going to Austria and Croatia at the end of August for a couple of months via France Belgium Lux Germany Slovenia. So if this chimes with you then would be good to hear from you. See you on the road

OP
OP
Linda jane

Linda jane

Free Member
Oct 17, 2017
Reading Berkshire uk
Funster No
MH
Mercedes landsleeper spr
Exp
One year
Hi you sound very organised. I also have a dog and haven't even thought about things like that. No I have not gone yet house still not sold I was hoping to be all sorted by now and ready to go . May need to think of taking the house off the market and just going....

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi both.. well I'm still interested in going to the countries mentioned so perhaps we might be able to team up for some of it. .. let me know. ..
Ang

May 30, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Coach-built
Exp
Since 2013
Mophead&LindaJane - are you going to Newbury Show later this month? It’s a long shot I know!

OP
OP
Linda jane

Linda jane

Free Member
Oct 17, 2017
Reading Berkshire uk
Funster No
MH
Mercedes landsleeper spr
Exp
One year
Wasn't planning to but am going to the black knowl in the new forest for a couple of days on 16th...

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Currently in Scotland until mid June...after that I have a few weekend s free. .

Alan Dixon

Free Member
Jun 26, 2018
Funster No
Hi Linda Jane, I'm a new member, I would be very interested in traveling with a friend to some areas, I normally go to France in the spring any Spain and Portugal in Winter,

OP
OP
Linda jane

Linda jane

Free Member
Oct 17, 2017
Reading Berkshire uk
Funster No
MH
Mercedes landsleeper spr
Exp
One year
His things have not gone as hoped.
I have just received an offer on my house so will hopefully be moving soon .
Once moved I hope to be off asap but now looks like Oct Nov will be likely so will be heading south or east rather than north.

Alan Dixon

Free Member
Jun 26, 2018
Funster No
Good, Portugal is lovely in the early winter time on the Algarve, I usually travel from Plymouth to Santander stop a couple of times in aires free parking with service areas, also plaesp like Silves are about 6 Euro's

OP
OP
Linda jane

Linda jane

Free Member
Oct 17, 2017
Reading Berkshire uk
Funster No
MH
Mercedes landsleeper spr
Exp
One year
Sounds lovely never been to Portugal when were you hoping to go? I will be in swindon by then where do you herald from

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
whats your plans Dave for the coming year ..you will be welcome to drop in for a very small w of vino plonko should you wander my way
Lol
If i popped in for a vino, you would need lots of it, nearly came to find you on our way back from twin lakes last week, but thought we should get home because we are back there in five weeks, just spent five weeks annoying Gary, in the bloody bar every night:whistle:

Alan Dixon

Free Member
Jun 26, 2018
Funster No
Linda jane, any time to suit other people, as ive never had to travel alone before, rememerr I'm a man.
Sorry I herald from south devon.

Alan Dixon

Free Member
Jun 26, 2018
Funster No
Kevan you would be welcome, celler is at the moment faily full of most things

Alan Dixon

Free Member
Jun 26, 2018
Funster No
Hi Linda Jane, I'm not very good at this yet, I did send a message Im not sure If it was received, by yourself
I live in the TQ14 area

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back