Compact "eFOLDi" Folding Suitcase Size Scooter For Motorhome, Train, Boat Or Plane Travel (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Spotted this https://efoldi.co.uk/ at the NEC February Show & though very niche thought it worth posting just in case it helps anyone. It has won many design awards including British Invention Of The Year 2016 & folds quickly & easily from a suitcase size to a seat then scooter & light enough (17kg) to wheel along & transport easily in the car, motorhome or even on cruise ships or planes.
It can be bought now for around £2000 but it is still being developed further & in the next year it will have a lower step over threshold & improved battery life although the current batteries are light so easy to carry spares. Hopefully we will have a Fun & RVOC discount code shortly in case anyone is interested.

efoldi-5305_web.jpg

efoldi-5329_web.jpg

Think the video explains it well:

Last edited:

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
shouldn't be a problem at all to charge up with solar and an inverter, wasn't a problem with my gogo scooter charging up the batteries for that when not on hookup, have no reason to think this will be any different..

have also seen that they do a powerchair version too with a lithium battery although not so impressed with their 'impressive' mileage on a charge, 9 miles they say, but that will be dependant of course on user weight, flat surface etc and in my experience of a number of years using these products find it's safer to cut that in half so as not to be stranded anywhere..

couldn't find any info on spare battery prices, might give them a call tomorrow and enquire, also wether the price is inclusive of vat or not, as of course if genuine disabled these should be vat exempt..

sumiw

Free Member
Jul 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thank you to everyone who's been posting about eFOLDi. We've developed a few more eFOLDi's since the start of this post - with the latest now funding on Kickstarter - the eFOLDi Lite (Mark 2.0).

Feel free to drop your comments or questions here!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thank you to everyone who's been posting about eFOLDi. We've developed a few more eFOLDi's since the start of this post - with the latest now funding on Kickstarter - the eFOLDi Lite (Mark 2.0).

Feel free to drop your comments or questions here!
Good to hear that this product has been developed further - do you have a new discount code for Motorhome Fun & RVOC members please? The one above has expired.

sumiw

Free Member
Jul 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for replying. There was a $100 off code via FB a couple of months ago, but that expired too.

For the eFOLDi Lite, we are offering 50%+ off to everybody who signs up and pre-orders now via our Kickstarter page:

We really have limited numbers at this price left, so if you want one - now is the time to grab one!

If anyone needs any advice on how to use Kickstarter or any other questions, please let me know.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just spotted a flyer in the Radio Times with code for £100 discount T100 when calling to order on 0800 3317700 . Just checked & also works on website orders https://efoldi.com/

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back