Compact camping/spare gas stove at Asda - £7.50 (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I know that some of you like to have a spare stove, or one to use outside when on holiday in your motorhome so I thought I'd mention this as it would be ideal - it is a compact gas stove which works off gas canisters (like aerosol cans) which has been reduced in our local Asda to £7.50 (was £10.00).

Its similar to the standard cartridge gas stove in a plastic case but on a bit smaller scale - it still has the large burner and pot stand, but the metal framework is smaller and the holder for the canister has a sliding piece so you can push it in when you're not using it (obviously removing the cylinder for safety reasons anyway!) so it fits nicely into the smaller case which also has fold-back handles . A nice piece of design and takes up less room than the 'original' style of these stove.

http://direct.asda.com/Asda-Portable-Gas-Stove/000943121,default,pd.html

We've just got one and it's a little corker and uses the same cheap canisters as our portable BBQ. :thumb:

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Helps if I put a photo on! :Blush:

Attachments

• asda stove.jpg
    asda stove.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 38

tommy_transit

Free Member
Nov 19, 2011
north east
Funster No
MH
renault trafic
Exp
im a newbie
i was in go outdoors on sunday and the small gas cylinder stoves are £5-99 :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
are those similar to the ones ringleader jim uses to cook the bacon butties on????

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Be carefull as these are maybe a cheap copy of the Campingaz Bistros and they are not very good and can be dangerous.

Lots of copies about and we would not touch them with a bargepole.

Peter

tommy_transit

Free Member
Nov 19, 2011
north east
Funster No
MH
renault trafic
Exp
im a newbie
But with Go Outdoors you have to pay a fiver a year to shop there - as if it were a privilege when most of their discounted prices are no better than anywhere else :Smile:

yes you are right about the fiver for a discount card, my daughter has one so we just give our postcode and the discount is taken off, over the year we saved lots more than the five pounds i have not paid, got a tent extension that fits on our camper van for £70 instead of £119 made it into a drive away one. happy days,
so if you wont spend a fiver just ask someone who has one for there postcode as they never ask for the card :thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
yes you are right about the fiver for a discount card, my daughter has one so we just give our postcode and the discount is taken off, over the year we saved lots more than the five pounds i have not paid, [HI]got a tent extension that fits on our camper van for £70 instead of £119[/HI] made it into a drive away one. happy days,
so if you wont spend a fiver just ask someone who has one for there postcode as they never ask for the card :thumb:

Yes, but how much would it have cost elsewhere? £75 or even £65? :Smile:

We have a couple of long standing camping & caravanning shops on Tees-side which normally match or beat Go Outdoors "discounted" prices without the cost of the membership. When I've looked in Go Outdoors at items like clothing and walking shoes I've found that the discounted prices are certainly no better (and often dearer) than other suppliers.

I think one of our sons has a discount card (he certainly used to) but I'd rather go to a shop which is clear about its pricing instead of one which tries to dress up its prices as though its discounts are something special.

tommy_transit

Free Member
Nov 19, 2011
north east
Funster No
MH
renault trafic
Exp
im a newbie
morning Graham

well i do search for the best price before i go to the same store as you and if i do find it cheaper in somewhere else i just print out the details and gootdoors price match it then take 10% off that price" simples"

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back