Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I fell asleep.
It did improve, the beginning was pretty awful, at one point looking like a bad version of Glee ( is there a good version of Glee, ever?) looked like a lot of drama students shouting look at me, and overdoing the eyes -and-teeth directive.

Think Susan Boyle was very nervous, and wasn't best song for her.

But part I saw did improve and it's the sport that counts.

Sad The Gambia isn't there, think Yahya Jammeh has lost the plot, don't like the way things are going there.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Anyone else watching? I watched the end of the women's triathlon and am now watching the men.

I have done some sewing and been up to the farm on my bike to let the dogs out for their lunchtime run so am not a total potato!

Lovely weather.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Haven't been watching but heard on the radio that England's Jodie Stimpson won the first gold medal(y)

I'm taking advantage of all this great weather and getting all my greenware Christmas trees dried outside......problem is, it's too warm to sit in my workshop and fettle anything:crying:

Margaret::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Seemingly Ford Kiernan who plays Jack Jarvis, had been invited to attend a BBC interview at the Pacific Quay, but he forgot about it and said he'd had a "senior moment" when the BBC phoned to ask where he was:LOL:

He then went on to say he was attending a rehearsal for Still Game's theatre show which is to be shown in Glasgow at a later date. He apologised profusely to the BBC and the interview had to be done over the phone.........:LOL:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
NZ will win the Medals for anything that's done sitting down, Rowing, Horsee stuff, cept Bicycling coss thats hard work
They don't do Leapfrog either, It's a scare of losing yer virginity thingee:)

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I was watching; But it soon became apparent that the Diversity and inclusiveness for all genders and orientation was too Diverse and inclusive, and orientating for me; I wanted to see some sport!! not to be to nauseated!! and I believe there are only two Genders.

Live and let live is my motto. Other peoples sexuality doesn't threaten me so why worry?

OP
OP
tofo
Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
I've been wondering all day how much

Was raised by that text no appeal

That will be the biggest news for the games
Just surprised there's not much mentioned
On the news about it

Jazzbow

Free Member
May 13, 2012
West Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
new
There are NHS dentists but few and far between so usually we end up having to go private. I've been on the dentists' waiting list for 8 years since my last dentist retired - that's for any dentist, private or NHS.

We only get certain drugs. If you want anything else it has to go through hoops and then you pay full whack if the application is approved.

The press only give part of the story as always.......

Oh thats a sorry picture you're painting! It must horrendous living in the borders, you should move up near us we're tripping over Dentists, or perhaps get a bus to Dumfries? As a former nurse I've never had any patients pay private prescriptions ever, I had to pay for Malaria tablets for myself but why should the NHS pay for that.

Dear English people, IF 'Scotland' decides to vote for independence , remember its not what all of us want!

The 'Yes' voters only give part of the story as always...... :whistle:

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
I've been wondering all day how much

Was raised by that text no appeal

That will be the biggest news for the games
Just surprised there's not much mentioned
On the news about it

Yesterday they mentioned 3 Million so far.(y)

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm having problems with the accent; is it English!!? And why is the Leading /Opening artist snogging a "bloke?"in a Kilt!!!

Making an important gesture.
image.jpg

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
So, 42 out of 53 countries don't agree with it.......don't have anything against gays personally, but in the UK it seems to be getting rammed down our throats whether we like/agree with it or not.

Others have their personal views on the subject, but daren't air them for fears of getting howled down........

I don't think this forum is the right place to promote it.........do you ever stop to think that it might be offensive to others who don't share your views?

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
So, 42 out of 53 countries don't agree with it.......don't have anything against gays personally, but in the UK it seems to be getting rammed down our throats whether we like/agree with it or not.

Others have their personal views on the subject, but daren't air them for fears of getting howled down........

I don't think this forum is the right place to promote it.........do you ever stop to think that it might be offensive to others who don't share your views?

I think you're confusing promoting TOLERANCE of a lifestyle with the promotion of said lifestyle.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
A bit off topic so sorry..OOOPs just thinking aloud.....its just someone mentioned the Scottish/independence...does that mean the Hadrian's wall has to come back into operation again with same toll charge's to enter and leave Scotland the same as Dover/Calais and Wales to Ireland

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
A bit off topic so sorry..OOOPs just thinking aloud.....its just someone mentioned the Scottish/independence...does that mean the Hadrian's wall has to come back into operation again with same toll charge's to enter and leave Scotland the same as Dover/Calais and Wales to Ireland

With any luck independence won't happen.......pension age north of the border could be delayed until the age of 72:eek:

But with regards to a toll charge at Hadrian's Wall for visitors coming north......... I think Salmond has probably thought of this before......wouldn't put it past him:sneaky:

Bill

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
One and the same thing, but tolerance should work both ways........but still don't think the forum is the place to do it.

I don't agree that they're the same at all but if advocating equality counts as "promotion" in your book, I'll hold my hand up and say "guilty as charged!"

Tim

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
With any luck independence won't happen.......pension age north of the border could be delayed until the age of 72:eek:

But with regards to a toll charge at Hadrian's Wall for visitors coming north......... I think Salmond has probably thought of this before......wouldn't put it past him:sneaky:

Bill

Yes Bill I agree about Salmond....but but but...Don't you think Camarooon as also thought about it for crossing the large toll bridge "England" to get to France...Spain, Portugal..and other European countries...unless you fly or sail....then you need permission / passport....quarantine...border check's...to cross the Camroooon's country!!!!..nar just joking...it's about money.......all about the politicians...wealth for the wealthy...not about the real people

Me I am from Yarkshire and I am passionate about Yarkshire:whistle::)..BUT I would not want to split with Lancashire, Nottinghamshire,Cheshire, Derbyshire, Westmorland, Durum...they are my friends & neighbours..and make up England....Even though I joke...Yarkshire is still the best.ooops county:whistle:...nar just joking ... to me they all belong to the united kingdom,
Same with Wales, Ireland, Scotland, England......BUT independence for Scotland !!!! .....what ever will be....

Now the commonwealth games, I think is a good games..it keeps it touch with all of the commonwealth as a family..

Now if Scotland..Wales or Ireland are in the teams or individuals playing , competeting I shout for them to win...if they are playing England then it's may the best man win...and I hope at least one get's the gold...or silver or bronze medal..for the UK..It's all good fun...Come on the UK..

Well I had the local Mayor here yesterday to cut my hair at home...and a good job he makes to....YES the important Mayor from two villages away...and the commonwealth games was on the Television at our home..he looked a bit miffed as he watched the boxing....and he said well we have the tour de France...not the same... one sport.. cycling...although I do watch and like the tour de France..

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Are these so called 'lets make a huge profit with free advertising from the BBC whilst asking the Red Arrows to cut off the red smoke stupid run around games' finished yet??

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011

Yes Bill I agree about Salmond....but but but...Don't you think Camarooon as also thought about it for crossing the large toll bridge "England" to get to France...Spain, Portugal..and other European countries...unless you fly or sail....then you need permission / passport....quarantine...border check's...to cross the Camroooon's country!!!!..nar just joking...it's about money.......all about the politicians...wealth for the wealthy...not about the real people

Me I am from Yarkshire and I am passionate about Yarkshire:whistle::)..BUT I would not want to split with Lancashire, Nottinghamshire,Cheshire, Derbyshire, Westmorland, Durum...they are my friends & neighbours..and make up England....Even though I joke...Yarkshire is still the best.ooops county:whistle:...nar just joking ... to me they all belong to the united kingdom,
Same with Wales, Ireland, Scotland, England......BUT independence for Scotland !!!! .....what ever will be....

Now the commonwealth games, I think is a good games..it keeps it touch with all of the commonwealth as a family..

Now if Scotland..Wales or Ireland are in the teams or individuals playing , competeting I shout for them to win...if they are playing England then it's may the best man win...and I hope at least one get's the gold...or silver or bronze medal..for the UK..It's all good fun...Come on the UK..

Well I had the local Mayor here yesterday to cut my hair at home...and a good job he makes to....YES the important Mayor from two villages away...and the commonwealth games was on the Television at our home..he looked a bit miffed as he watched the boxing....and he said well we have the tour de France...not the same... one sport.. cycling...although I do watch and like the tour de France..

I was watching the Triathalon earlier and got out of breath just watching them change over.....:LOL:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Are these so called 'lets make a huge profit with free advertising from the BBC whilst asking the Red Arrows to cut off the red smoke stupid run around games' finished yet??

Not a fan then?..........

Highly amusing, heard on the radio that the closing ceremony is supposed to feature a typical Saturday night in Glasgow, so can we expect lots of women in bare feet and inappropriately brief clothing plus lots of doner kebabs and chips ?? :wink:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Not a fan then?..........

Highly amusing, heard on the radio that the closing ceremony is supposed to feature a typical Saturday night in Glasgow, so can we expect lots of women in bare feet and inappropriately brief clothing plus lots of doner kebabs and chips ?? :wink:

Yeh, just like other cities up and down the length of the UK:wink:

But one thing that has come across during the games is just how friendly the city is........I don't normally watch sporting events, but have thoroughly them from Glasgow.......Glasgow is "miles and smiles better"::bigsmile:
Our daughter and her fiance were at Hampden last night and she said the atmosphere was tremendous and I can't help thinking that Usain Bolt was enjoying it as well::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back