Commercial Email Providers for Small Business (1 Viewer)

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
My son and I bought a village pharmacy nearly one year ago. It came with a Yahoo business email account used by the previous owner. I have not used this as it tends to be used in the pharmacy itself for dealing with suppliers orders etc. Obviously anything NHS goes via their own secure service. I have recently had to get into the Yahoo email account as I deal with the accounts and have to go ferreting for email with attached invoices, statements, credit notes etc and its a pain. This has prompted my son to also say that he finds it a pain as everything gets dumped in one great morass of an inbox with all the junk, spam etc.

We would like to join a professional, secure email service where we can multiple users to direct email to different users e.g. accounts@southbrentpharmacy.com, pharmacist@southbrentpharmacy.com, shop@southbrentpharmacy.com, customers@southbrentpharmacy.com, patients@southbrentpharmacy.com and whatever else we might need.

In this way we can effectively analyse most of the email we get and the relevant user can pick it up and deal with it without having to see/read/sort through everyone else's clutter though we might get some more spam.

Can anyone suggest a good supplier for the sort of thing that we are after? Perhaps @Grommett can help?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
for my various domain names i use 123-reg and use their mail servers for all the various email addresses for each. not expensive at all either

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
We also use Broken Link Removed for web and email hosting.
For our modest needs, (10 page website and half a dozen email accounts) the essential package is perfectly adequate.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
We're with go daddy for domain hosting, web site and email, works great. Email is a Microsoft exchange doings and is all managed on the windows 10 pc we use for the business, I only log into go daddy if I need to update the web site.

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Many thanks for your kind and helpful replies. I did get our domain name from 123 so they look like the obvious choice to at least consider their offering but will look at anything suggested.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I have approx 12 domains all through 123reg and they are simple to use. I do host my own exchange server but i realise this is not for some but for me it works well (I.T background). If you dont want to set this up or have a few computers on 24/7 then a hosted service is what you need and 123reg also do this.It will depend on how many emials adresses you want and what you want to access i.e. calendars etc. I would take a look at there site but if you own the domain anyway you could setup multiple emails yourself and have them forwarded to another free emial of your choosing to take them away from the clutter of yahoo.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back