Coming back to motorhomes. (1 Viewer)

Henlowman

Free Member
Jul 22, 2018
Funster No
Hi All,

My wife and I are thinking of investing in a new motorhome. We are not new to this, we had an Advertura until the early 90s. We are coming up to retirement, so once again we are thinking of returning to the motorhome scene. Something we enjoyed when our family was young. Now it is just the two of us, we are looking at a Bailey 68-2 as our van for the future. your views on our choice of motorhome would be appreciated.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
animated welcome group purple.gif

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi and welcome.
I assume you mean state pension so you will only have 5 years left on your C1 licence (over 3500kg) assuming you took your test pre 1997, then you will need to apply to keep it and take a medical at 70.
You should consider this especially if you have any medical conditions which may exclude you and restrict you to 3500kg and under.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi All,

My wife and I are thinking of investing in a new motorhome. We are not new to this, we had an Advertura until the early 90s. We are coming up to retirement, so once again we are thinking of returning to the motorhome scene. Something we enjoyed when our family was young. Now it is just the two of us, we are looking at a Bailey 68-2 as our van for the future. your views on our choice of motorhome would be appreciated.
I would start with where do you want to go and when. For example if you want to go skiing then probably another MH might be better . :)
Then layout is high on most folk's list. Fixed bed, separate shower ? If you like cooking do you want an oven and a reasonably big kitchen.
And so on! :)

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
:HelloThere:
Baileys beautiful spacious vans we luv ours

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Most people on here will say one like theirs is the right one !!!!!! good luck looking. By the way its spending on a motorhome not investing theres unlikely to be a profit.

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
:ello: Welcome! Have a look at the Chausson range. We were planning to buy a Bailey but in the end went for the Chausson 718 Welcome. For us it beat the Bailey hands down on price and build quality.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back