Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Hi Guys and Gals.

Back in 2012 sold my R-V. And have been touring the USA since 20o9/10 in a 32ft Winnebago Adventurer. (Now for sale because of age and infirmity costing the arm and leg in insurance, if anyone is interested!!! ). I am now on the look out for a Motorhome over here, BUT due to my no longer having my HGV (age) It will now have to be a Euro-Box.

So Specification? Well SWMBO wants a rear Bathroom and Walk round Bed!!. So that`s the starter. (After all "She must be obeyed") I Fancy something on the Merc; Chassis with an Autobox. And would prefer it to be "A" class, as I haven't found a "C" in which I don't bang my head somewhere!!. Narrows the field somewhat!! In fact my own short list is down to about 3 or 4 and ALL expensive. IF I could afford it I would have the new Winne: Via. But that's a Lottery job!! (25ft 6.4t Merc/Auto, with all the "American Goodies"). Saw them being built in the Winnebago Factory in Indiana, Free full hookup on site camping as well!! back in September. VERY Nice and at $125K (£83K)????. Ah! Well a Man can dream?

Please pitch In with suggestions (Clean, I know many of you lot!)

Thanks

PeteH.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Hmm - I don't think you'll find a rear bathroom and an island bed. Never seen it except in a caravan.
An island bed (walk around) will always be at the back.
Some of the newer Chaussons have a rear bathroom and a drop down bed amidships???
Believe me - I've been searching the market for a year for a new van - compromise is the name of the game - and so is budget!
Best of luck - there's a lot out there!

Also - rare to find an island bed in a smaller van under the 3500 limit - they may be there somewhere! Go to 5000kg an there's plenty but tend to be newer.

OP
OP
PeteH

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Yes I Know. I have seen one some years bock at York Show? Was a Rapido I think?

with a strange bed layout sort of into the corner at the angle?

Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Pete - that's called a French bed. Quite common and plenty of them. They either have side or rear bathrooms. Might be worth a look for you.
Have a look at a Lunar Roadstar.

OP
OP
PeteH

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
That Hobby is interesting, but still has the "head-banger" between the cab and the lounge plus cab seats cannot become part of the Lounge by the look of it. A drawback I find with Most C class rigs? Noticed a Rapido 9095df on fleabay a bit back, over my budget, but it would be a good suit, east/west bed and rear bath.

OP
OP
PeteH

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Good choice. But we have that layout in the little lunar caravan that I want rid of. and its a B` ache in the night getting to the loo without waking SWMBO.! I would have single beds But??.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Some of the newer Chaussons have a rear bathroom and a drop down bed amidships???

I was going to say that! I think one of you would still have to clamber over the other to get out at night though. However it might be worth looking at the 610 just to check. That design may well be our next van :) in two or three years when we trade the one we have now for something newer.

Some of the new ones have an island bed at the back they might be worth looking at, very nice but the vans are too long for us. 628EB, 717GA (twin beds), 718EB, 728EB.

Sandra (Irnbru) has a Chausson with twin beds at the back that would make into a big double, side shower room.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back