Comfortmatic - Hydraulic Clutch Activation Fluid (1 Viewer)

Aug 17, 2017
Funster No
MH
PVC - AT Tribute T-670
Exp
The Comfortmatic gearbox User Manual supplement says that the Hydraulic Clutch Activation Fluid should be changed every 60,000 km or every two years, whichever occurs sooner. Our motorhome is coming up to two years old but has only done 7,000 miles and I wondered how critical is the timing of this oil change and what harm might arise if we delay? Does anyone have knowledge or experience on this? Advice will be appreciated.

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
We had our first service done earlier this year by the local Fiat commercial garage. When I was booking it in I explained that it had only done 8k miles, they said we could skip the particle and air filter as they will be fine but strongly recommended the brake and clutch fluid be done as no one knew how long the van had been standing before sale / use. The chap also said that brake clutch fluid was also used in the gear change operation and was vital to it's operation. We ended up with oil, filter, brake & clutch fluid change done for not a lot of money. It never hurts to change the fluids IMHO. As an aside, my KTM motorcycle had new brake fluid at 12 months old for no extra cost, as the mechanic "didn't like the colour it had gone".

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back