Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
It's business they are not friends.
Service, claim history, they are insurance companies and brokers, not your friends

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
A.I.B. Watch out! Changed our vanlast month.Gave new details to AIB ( policy with Aviva) Paid difference for rest of policy ( end of august renewal) Told them I could not put my cherished number on until DVLA sent new V5. Was told no admin charge from Aviva if done in 14 days. Today after 5 weeks the V5 arrives. A.I.B tell me Aviva admin is £53. I have no option but to register my disgust and pay it. I contact Aviva who say they only charge £23 and wouldn’t probably have charged for “ such a minor change”. Get the same guy at A.I.B who says he never said Aviva charge £53. Apparently I have got it totally wrong. He said £23 for Aviva and £30 for them. We need profit he said. Would I like him to mark my file to say I will not be renewing in August!
I am absolutely astonished at his arrogant attitude. Never had anything but good service before, but this guy has destroyed any faith I had in them. Anybody else come across this?
Bernie
he could get a job here as a spanish funcionario( civil servant) :giggle:That's a top drawer atttitude for the worst of the scum. :LOL:
You even get women who are just the same,sadly. i met one 2 weeks ago & today she was no different.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Oh dear! Mine's due soon. The trouble with shopping around is that you don't know what the new company is like. Only when you claim. Same goes in some ways with the one you're with. Comfort seem to have had a good reputation, but things can change.

With us Comfort has only ever gone up by about a tenner a year some years it's gone down.
I have to say that Comfort claims service was first class. The breakdown service was also good (didn’t argue - they just sent a Crouch flatbed)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Have to say that there is no understanding of the process.

We have tried many companies for cover and some consider the much better half to be less risk (based on price) and some me.

Sometimes think its a roll of the dice as to time of day, day of the week and how things look for the company at that moment.

Sadly insurance is a simple case of plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Life is full of choices and challenges, mixed with a bit of luck.

You win some loose others, whatever happens would be prudent to make the most of it as there is no known retry.

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Excellent quote from NFU, no breakdown cover but Lorraine just pointed out, we have a nationwide building society flex account which includes breakdown cover, motorhomes up to 8m and 7.5 tonnes. So with the nfu insurance we have saved £305.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back