Comfort Insurance.... Hmm.. (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
We have kept our motorhome at our stables for the the past 6 years. The stables are secure with large locked gates and has security lighting. Somebody is there twice a day every day...

But Comfort will not insure because it is not kept on my open (non secure) driveway, or in a proper secure motorhome storage facilty.

Bah humbug..

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
All the insurers seem to have different approaches to this. We moved from Safeguard to Comfort because the former had a restrictive approach to how long you could leave van unattended on a site (when we were calling at our son’s on the way to the tunnel.)

I think it’s just a matter of ringing round and finding one whose coverage meets your needs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We have kept our motorhome at our stables for the the past 6 years. The stables are secure with large locked gates and has security lighting. Somebody is there twice a day every day...

But Comfort will not insure because it is not kept on my open (non secure) driveway, or in a proper secure motorhome storage facilty.

Bah humbug..
We leave ours at a gated site in rural Cheshire where our static caravan is. Always someone there, fully alarmed etc. Comfort not interested because it’s not at our home address in a terrible postcode.

OP
OP
jdk62
Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
We have gone through the C&MC for the renewal.

Cover gives us everything we need.

It would help if I could expunge the 2 accidents I had in 2017/2018... (Both my fault...)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
The underwriters are probably more experienced dealing with car and commercial vehicle cover where parking it not at home and not where someone lives would be dodgy.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
NFU are happy to insure things kept in stables, barns and farmyards.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
True, but they are £400 dearer than CM&C....
No contest there. For me they were about £200 cheaper but how any of them calculate their prices seems to be a dark art.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
True, but they are £400 dearer than CM&C....
...and that's the nail hit on the head.
It's not that insurance for your circumstances isn't available - it's that you want Comfort's cheaper premium without agreeing to their terms of business.

It's rather like the article in MMM about vehicle height... he couldn't see why he had to pay the higher over three metres toll when his MH was just under the three metres... well it was until he stuck a Sat Dome on the roof making it over... :doh:.
I bet he wouldn't have driven under a 3m limit bridge...
...or perhaps he would.

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
Keep ours on a Cassoa gold site on farm and NFU wouldn't consider it but I understand it often depends on which office you speak to. Perhaps prices are the same.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
..and that's the nail hit on the head.
It's not that insurance for your circumstances isn't available - it's that you want Comfort's cheaper premium without agreeing to their terms of business
But what about the same circumstances that you have had for four years and they suddenly tell you that it must be in secure storage or have a tracker fitted? They move the goal posts to suit themselves??

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
But what about the same circumstances that you have had for four years and they suddenly tell you that it must be in secure storage or have a tracker fitted? They move the goal posts to suit themselves??
They move the goalposts to suit their underwriters.
...based on their claims experience.
Insurance companies are in business to make money - is that such a surprise.
Do we think they exist for purely altruistic reasons?
When it's time to make a claim, do you really want your insurance company to have made a loss & not be able to pay out?

A restaurant changes it's menu based on what sells
A shop changes it's stock based on fashion

We eat or buy at a place because we like what they offer - as soon as that changes we don't.

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
It could be down to all the motorhome thefts why they are having a change of policy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back