Comfort Insurance breakdown cover

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by olley, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Ratings:
    +4,832
    Renewed my mh insurance with Comfort today. Premium was £10 less than last year even though insurance tax has gone up. European breakdown is now with AA. I checked if there was any limit on size and was told 12m and 20tons so that will do me.
    I was asked about full timing as their insurance only covers 9 months a year abroad. I should be so lucky.

I have been a member of the AA for years anyway which sorts out UK breakdown but dont do much mh mileage in the UK. The tunnel is only 60miles away.

2. webby1

webby1 Funster

Ratings:
    +659
    So is this a fact ??????????????

3. aztecannie

aztecannie Funster

Ratings:
    +109
    @Rolyan assume that is uk only?

4. fursty ferret

fursty ferret Funster

Ratings:
    +2
    We found for the UK Brittania Rescue to be very good -they will take you & motorhome all the way home wherever you are-not just to the closest garage like some breakdown providers. Very reasonable price we
    have all vehicles covered on one policy & been low loaded home from 2 holidays -one way of saving on diesel lol

Rescueue to be very good

5. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

Ratings:
    +22,389
    No in a word :rofl:

6. intokenny

intokenny Funster

Ratings:
    +78
    Trying to mine sorted today to cover europe & i cant get cheaper than than £480!!!! oh dear keep trying Ken!!(n)

7. scbunurse

scbunurse Funster

Ratings:
    +82
    Comfort use the AA but have a commercial policy which covers larger vehicles so although I have been with AA for years I couldn't extend it to cover MH. Very good quote from Comfort tho' although may be calling them to extend my mileage:whistle: