Comfort Insurance breakdown cover

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by olley, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Ratings:
    +5,891
    Renewed my mh insurance with Comfort today. Premium was £10 less than last year even though insurance tax has gone up. European breakdown is now with AA. I checked if there was any limit on size and was told 12m and 20tons so that will do me.
    I was asked about full timing as their insurance only covers 9 months a year abroad. I should be so lucky.

I have been a member of the AA for years anyway which sorts out UK breakdown but dont do much mh mileage in the UK. The tunnel is only 60miles away.

2. webby1

webby1 Funster

Ratings:
    +763
    So is this a fact ??????????????

3. aztecannie

aztecannie Funster

Ratings:
    +125
    @Rolyan assume that is uk only?

4. fursty ferret

fursty ferret Funster

Ratings:
    +3
    We found for the UK Brittania Rescue to be very good -they will take you & motorhome all the way home wherever you are-not just to the closest garage like some breakdown providers. Very reasonable price we
    have all vehicles covered on one policy & been low loaded home from 2 holidays -one way of saving on diesel lol

Rescueue to be very good

5. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

Ratings:
    +23,911
    No in a word :rofl:

6. intokenny

intokenny Funster

Ratings:
    +141
    Trying to mine sorted today to cover europe & i cant get cheaper than than £480!!!! oh dear keep trying Ken!!(n)

7. scbunurse

scbunurse Funster

Ratings:
    +83
    Comfort use the AA but have a commercial policy which covers larger vehicles so although I have been with AA for years I couldn't extend it to cover MH. Very good quote from Comfort tho' although may be calling them to extend my mileage:whistle:

8. Pwllpair

Pwllpair Funster

Ratings:
    +5
    I have free cover with the RAC as am a retired staff member they only cover vehicles up to 3.5 gross or 18ft in length so when driving my MH I am not covered the same applies to the AA but if you use the C&MH Club for cover you would be covered by green flag this is what I have done it also covers me in any car I am driving or a passenger in If you take out cover through the CCC you would be covered by the RAC Arrival scheme

9. adonisito

adonisito Funster

Ratings:
    +336
    Strange, we were recovered by the RAC in France 2 weeks ago when the water pump pulley sheared off. We are insured with Comfort. The service from Aviva was first class. They even towed the trailer as they couldn’t get the whole lot on the flatbed.

10. Infinity31

Infinity31 Funster

Ratings:
    +361

I believe trip length must not exceed 180 days in a 12 month period.

11. peterc10

peterc10 Funster

Ratings:
    +8,330
    Yes and no. If all you have is an ordinary AA membership then it is correct. But I have breakdown insurance via Comfort and they use the AA, and they recovered my 4.5t 7.5m long moho.

• Like it Like it x 1
  12. Jonno1103

Jonno1103 Funster

Ratings:
    +121
    Our insurance was through Motorhomefacts which Comfort have taken over. Reading the new literature they state that it's the AA through DAS and is limited to vehicles 12m long and 2.55m wide.

13. webby1

webby1 Funster

Ratings:
    +763
    We have also just been moved to Comfort............................don't remember what the previous restrictions were with MHF but I certainly got an e mail from Comfort to say nothing had changed with the move over to them.

14. Jonno1103

Jonno1103 Funster

Ratings:
    +121
    If you take a look at their website what we had with MHF is the same as their Horizon Advantage package. Webby1 you'll possibly find that you've been given a 5% discount.

15. webby1

webby1 Funster

Ratings:
    +763
    The Comfort breakdown is now with M/C assist which should be the same as the Horizon package.
    But I kept their e mail saying nothing would change.
    However,they did "forget" to give me the discount until I queried the increase in price.

16. Rolyan

Rolyan Funster

Ratings:
    +71
    Sorry, just came across this. Yes, it’s U.K. only as that’s all we need at the moment.

17. Tony50

Tony50 Funster

Ratings:
    +127
    I am still looking at Insurance companies I am with Safegaurd at the moment , as I am the one and only driver as wife will not drive the m/home ,apart from my son who will borrow it , If I am in say Europe and fall ill Safegaurd will supply a Driver to get M/Home home as you were with the vehicle so we would have to get it home , so I phoned Comfort and the lady said as my son is on the policy he would have to get to Europe and get m/home home ,I said are you sure about that and she said yes,