Comfort Insurance and Green Card (1 Viewer)

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Comfort say they include the green card in their documents accessible online. I cannot see a green card specifically but on the insurance certificate it has this...

To whom it may concern

This insurance certificate provides evidence that motor insurance operates in the United Kingdom for the dates shown and this cover
extends to and include the compulsory insurance requirements of:

a) any member country of the European Union

b) Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Serbia and Switzerland

It is then repeated in a number of other languages.

Is this the Green Card?

P.S. I do wish they would scrap the 'Green Card' as a name. 'International Certificate of Insurance' or something like it. It's not been Green or a Card for many years has it?

OP
OP
VXman
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Comfort say they include the green card in their documents accessible online. I cannot see a green card specifically but on the insurance certificate it has this...

To whom it may concern

This insurance certificate provides evidence that motor insurance operates in the United Kingdom for the dates shown and this cover
extends to and include the compulsory insurance requirements of:

a) any member country of the European Union

b) Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Serbia and Switzerland

It is then repeated in a number of other languages.

Is this the Green Card?

P.S. I do wish they would scrap the 'Green Card' as a name. 'International Certificate of Insurance' or something like it. It's not been Green or a Card for many years has it?
Green Card abolished now, but 'not green for many years' is wrong. November 2019 LV Green Card was still printed on Green Card 'that's why we cannot email it to you'], but the Regs changed, during 2020 to allow the Green Card confirmation of extent of insurance cover to be incorporated into the standard [UK] policy wording, meaning that the 'Green Card' was downloadable and printable. And then, the reopening of foreign travel just about coincided with the decision to abolish the Green Card, but there was a delay because of the need for a Consultation Period of some 20 days, IIRC, to take place, and I haven't seen the final Death Notice publication [probably happened whilst we were away in the motorhome!]

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lynnian

Free Member
May 4, 2010
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Ace Genova
Exp
Since 2008
My documents came through on line, last week after renewal. When i printed them off I noticed the 'Green card' attached . so got it anyway, just incase all have not been informed of the change in the EU 👍😌

Westbarn1

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 25, 2019
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMC-T 600
Exp
I got a white ‘Green’ card with my Comfort insurance policy docs

Sep 20, 2020
Preston, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu T460
Exp
Learning
I spoke with Comfort insurance earlier this week on this very issue, and they reissued my policy documents to me in updated form which included the Green Card extra page.

Ben

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back