Comfort break for the dog (2 Viewers)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Mostly due to the fact when i am away i dont have my tap to drink from so i buy bottle. If i wont drink tap in Europe then neither will my dog plus if you go to the likes of Aldi, Lidl then it costs next to nothing.
I have been drinking tap water in Europe since i was 15,,,71 next and still here..Funny enough millions of Europeans drink TAP WATER,,BUSBY.

?

Deleted User
I have been drinking tap water in Europe since i was 15,,,71 next and still here..Funny enough millions of Europeans drink TAP WATER,,BUSBY.

No thanks. I wont even drink it in England. I did but i went out with a lass from Southport and seen inside her mothers kettle. The limescale put me off for life.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
No thanks. I wont even drink it in England. I did but i went out with a lass from Southport and seen inside her mothers kettle. The limescale put me off for life.
Well most of the inexpensive bottled water is out of the mains so you have been drinking it. How on earth did the human race make it into the 21 st century without it. Limescale will do you no harm,,its only in the kettle because it boils and most bottled water is full of minerals because that is all lime scale is , You are throwing money away,,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
My dogs get to stretch their legs every 3 hours. the boys will pee anywhere but my girl is very fussy and would rather find a bush. if not she will hold it all day till we find somewhere she finds acceptable. its the same with rain, the boys will go out under sufferance but she wont have any of it.

one of my old dogs managed to break his hip and found it difficult to balance on one back leg after surgery. its amazing what you will do for a much loved dog if the need arises. i used to have to hold him steady as he did his business for a few weeks, whether it was raining or not.

next time we get a puppy i am going to try and toilet train it in the shower at home and in the van. easy to keep clean and hygenic, plus having to go out on a dark rainy night would be solved

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Blimey. A Sweaty turning down something free ;)

Didn't you drink the tap water in Bradistan? Purest water in the UK :)

poolie18

Free Member
Feb 19, 2015
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Mohawk
Exp
Getting longer
member: 28377"]Since when did we go American and use the term comfort break ? ;)[/QUOTE]

The British Army has been using this term long before the Americans hijacked it. It is often used within the Sergeants/ Officers Mess on Regimental dinner nights. Tradition has it that once dinner is served no Mess member is allowed to leave the table until the presiding member indicates so at the end of the meal (which could last for several hours) or allows a comfort break between courses. More often than not, a knot and crossed legs were the order of the day :confused:

?

Deleted User
Blimey. A Sweaty turning down something free ;)

Didn't you drink the tap water in Bradistan? Purest water in the UK :)

Actually i did as this was before i started going out with the lass from Southport.

No mate. I drank beer for that year :D[/S]

Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Laika the wonder dog is a fantastic traveller, but we stop every 2 hours for a break . I hate the thought of her being desperate to go. At night, sometimes she goes out for the last time at 8 but we are up at 5:45 .

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
We just do as if we were at home, nothing more or less after all dogs do sleep for for quite a few hours p/day.

I think it is worth considering how well your dog can move around and settle in the camper ?

Is your dog in a cage
Is your dog seat belted in

Otherwise it's the usual aspects (like at home) age and health of animal and habits etc

More relevant is free access to water and this I guess is relevant to us all as I don't think many of us have a water available to the animal whilst in motion and this tends to drive the toilet needs. Just watch how much your dog drinks when you fill up the bowl when you stop. And this tends to end up in the need for "big pees" about 4-6hrs later.

?

Deleted User
And probably better than the pish you sup now ;)

I was a beer drinker before i went. I could not find a nice pint so started to drink lager. Yorkshire man saying other areas beer is pish. :rolleyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back