Jan 11, 2018
Malvern Link, Malvern, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 85
Exp
Since 2018
Apologies for asking a nooby question.
Planning to go the Spain and France next year.
First time motorhoming abroad.

I know I can phone Comfort (my current insurer) but I am a bit confused about if I need one of their Green Cards or not for Eu countries.
I have their comprehensive policy including breakdown.

I ahe heard of Comfort charging a lot for one.
We renew in February so I have the opportunity to insure with somebody else if the total cost comes out better.

Would those in the know please advise:-

TIA

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Apologies for asking a nooby question.
Planning to go the Spain and France next year.
First time motorhoming abroad.

I know I can phone Comfort (my current insurer) but I am a bit confused about if I need one of their Green Cards or not for Eu countries.
I have their comprehensive policy including breakdown.

I ahe heard of Comfort charging a lot for one.
We renew in February so I have the opportunity to insure with somebody else if the total cost comes out better.

Would those in the know please advise:-

TIA
At the moment you dont need the green card you just have to wait and see what happens on 29th march

Upvote 0

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
On my schedule with comfort there is a section stating which countries you are covered for. When I spoke to them they said that was my Green Card as far as they were concerned.

Upvote 0

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I assume it is a green card they issue - at a cost - if you want cover for Morocco? But not currently for the EU.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Nothing I suspect as there will be a 2 year transition period anyway.

As I understand it, the transition period only comes into force if there is a negotiated deal. If there is no deal we crash out on 29th March with no transition. The problem is that this eventuality, which now seems the most likely scenario, has not bern planned for so no one can answer simple questions like, ‘do I need a green card’.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jake Royd
Jan 11, 2018
Malvern Link, Malvern, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 85
Exp
Since 2018
Thanks to all.
I now realise I do not need a green card for Spain or France.
I think all the comments about Comfort charging circa £200 for one made me prick up my ears.

Like those above I don't imagine this will have changed in May next year but we will see.

Upvote 0
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
According to the AA and the Gov website international driving licences in the event of a no deal B word is the only thing that is clear! You'll need one for the Republic of Ireland, Spain, Malta and Cyprus that is renewable yearly and another for Franch and the other EU countries plus buddies like Norway that will last 3 years. They will only be obtainable from Post Offices from the end of March but fortunately a lot more Post Offices. It's surprisingly clear on the AA website. That was just a synopsis.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Upvote 0
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Thanks to all.
I now realise I do not need a green card for Spain or France.
I think all the comments about Comfort charging circa £200 for one made me prick up my ears.

Like those above I don't imagine this will have changed in May next year but we will see.

I suspect you may have seen a few comments on comfort charging for the green card for Morocco for which they do and is expensive, however you do not need a green card for Spain and France for the foreseeable future .....

Go and enjoy..(y)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back