Come on then, tester, what is this connection? (1 Viewer)

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Hello fellow Funsterista's.

1999 Ducato 2.5TDI .
What is this blue spade connector for right next to where throttle cable passes at front middle of engine very near fuel pump.
I thought it might be the 2nd temperature sender but temp gauge reads with it disconnected.
I won't tell you why I want to know just yet as might be barking up wrong tree but I am very interested to know!!
I am away from a decent computer so can't look up the nice exploded parts diagrams......

IMG_20190628_134603969.jpg

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I can see a crimped female spade connector but not it’s male counterpart.

What kind of guessing game is this ??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
A blue spade connector that is likely to be an aftermarket project by a previous owner as John has said.. surley the important thing is to stick a meter on it and find out if it has power at any time ... and trace it to source if possible..
Andy

OP
OP
Jev88
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Thanks for the guidance people. The part is integral to the fuel pump. I will borrow a multimeter tomorrow and see if it is live.
Interestingly, removing it helps to reset my faulty immobiliser!

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
The immobiliser ( factory fit) is hidden away under a tamperproof cover in the fuel pump close to where that spade connector is. The thread with the nut on it should have a male spade connector on which the blue spade connector should fit.
I think it’s part of the cold start system, maybe a cold start idle advance valve.

OP
OP
Jev88
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
The immobiliser ( factory fit) is hidden away under a tamperproof cover in the fuel pump close to where that spade connector is. The thread with the nut on it should have a male spade connector on which the blue spade connector should fit.
I think it’s part of the cold start system, maybe a cold start idle advance valve.

Hi, yes I am aware of the nearby immobiliser circuitry. I am holding back digging the PCB out to access the positive power supply to bypass the immobiliser triple wire connector. Just not sure what this additional spade connector does? Removing it helps me reset my immobiliser quicker than waiting 15 minutes every time I turn engine off as currently happens more often than not. Hence I am trying to work out what connection this single wire has to the immobiliser system ? Genuinely curious to.solve immobiliser without just digging it out with a chisel!

OP
OP
Jev88
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Cold start advance seems best guess?
I measured a very very small voltage at the spade connector with engine running or just ignition on. But so small that I can't rule out being at the limits of the lowest setting on my multimeter. The strange thing is the immobiliser resets more often and quicker with this spade disconnected?

Looks like I need to be brave later this week and try to lever out the immobiliser circuit board on the fuel pump that is already exposed but not "freed" yet as it scares me breaking the PCB and not finding the connector behind it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back