Come on tempt me into your back yard. (1 Viewer)

Phileas Fogg

Free Member
Apr 27, 2014
west of the tamar
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Not quite Phileas, I have lived in Falmouth and have a good friend who lives in Trevu road Cambourne which is not my idea of heaven. It is much nicer where I live inside the M25.
Probably much nicer in the fast lane of the M25 than that area if we are honest buttons.:giggle:
My neighbours mother sadly passed away a month or so ago, she lived in Falmouth, close to Gyllyngvase, house went on the market at offers over £850,000 and was in the end sold to an up country buyer who never even viewed it at £1.4 million. Not sure when you last lived in Falmouth but prices are crazy right now. Penthouse in the new Liner building (sold) was at £1.6 million right opposite Gylly, very nice but would you eally want to live there, I wouldn't.

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
OK, since you ask... Manchester is absolutely the greatest place to own a motorhome. When you go on holiday, everywhere else is better.

Will that do?:unsure:
Thought that was Colchester, we do have a Norman castle built on the ruins of a Roman temple razed to the ground by Budica, by way of repreive

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Thanks for the explanation buttons, the true story is of course completely different, these are the facts confirmed by motorwayservicesonline.
The Greggs at Saltash services was operated under a franchise arrangement, it opened in September 2018 and was closed in September 2019, the quote was "hardly anyone noticed it had gone" which suggests commercially it had not been a great success.
It was not until 13th January 2020 the gutter press created the story about angry locals, as is their wont.

Have to love the papers don't you! Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.
Possibly an element of truth in every gutter press presentation of facts PF. They wouldn't last long if they just made up stories to publish to their readers.
What is your opinion, is there any pressure in Cornwall to protect the home grown pasty?

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
There's roughly 6 miles between Bures and Sudbury, using Willowmere Caravan Park as reference where does your friend live?
Bout a mile towards Bures, and another one in a converted barn little over halfway to Bures

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Probably much nicer in the fast lane of the M25 than that area if we are honest buttons.:giggle:
My neighbours mother sadly passed away a month or so ago, she lived in Falmouth, close to Gyllyngvase, house went on the market at offers over £850,000 and was in the end sold to an up country buyer who never even viewed it at £1.4 million. Not sure when you last lived in Falmouth but prices are crazy right now. Penthouse in the new Liner building (sold) was at £1.6 million right opposite Gylly, very nice but would you eally want to live there, I wouldn't.
I think Falmouth has much going for it PF but on my last visit it appeared to be inhabited by New age travelers. Possibly wealthy new age travelers 🧐

Phileas Fogg

Free Member
Apr 27, 2014
west of the tamar
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Possibly an element of truth in every gutter press presentation of facts PF. They wouldn't last long if they just made up stories to publish to their readers.
What is your opinion, is there any pressure in Cornwall to protect the home grown pasty?
If only that element of truth were the substance of the true picture instead of a tiny part used to create a story.
The Cornish pasty has PGI status, I can think of many places where you can buy other pasty like products around here, garages and supermarkets and have no knowledge of anyone ever trying to prevent their sale. I am not an expert on the production of a pasty, just enjoy eating them and it isn't hard to see the difference between something hand produced and something made in a factory like Greggs or Ginsters.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back