Collecting things - my addiction! (1 Viewer)

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
As some of you may have noticed - if you've clicked on my link to my pecadillos, I have a bit of a need to collect things, mostly domestic object.:RollEyes:

It started a long time ago when I picked up a Roberts Radio at a jumble sale for 50p - the one on the revolving base. That radio started my collection of Transistor radios which grew to about 150 individual radios.:whatthe:
One day I was looking at them and thought to myself 'they are mostly ugly! So, I kept a few and sold the rest.:thumb:

But the collecting bug did not go.:cry:
I saw a plastic butter dish at a jumble sale and a whole new world of collecting revealed itself - PLASTICS!
The collection grew and grew and I started adding categories, like Kenwood and Sunbeam mixers so long as there was a bit of plastic I bought it!
It wasn't a case of 'anything plastic will do'. No, the objects had to be post WW2 and have some sort of visual/aesthetic value - good design, bad design or awful(kitsch) design and mostly mid-century - 20th, that is:winky:
Our recent move to Eastbourne (six years ago) hasn't helped as we now live near an auction room.:whatthe:
I keep promising Annie I will try to sell some of my collection but it ain't that easy:Sad:
Click the link below and have a peek:Blush:

Here is a photo of my 'coming out' exhibition in 1992. I had kept it a secret until then:RollEyes:

Attachments

• plasticexhibition (10).jpg
    plasticexhibition (10).jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 68
  • plasticexhibition (3).jpg
    plasticexhibition (3).jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 59

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.