Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Ladies,

The wife informs me that there is a need for a dish drainer in the new motorhome.
She says she likes the idea of the collapsible ones, but she is unsure if this one collects the water within its frame or the excess water would go onto the worksurface

But then one was found that sits on where a drainer could so easily have been placed and allows gravity to direct the water back down the sink

But then she found this one which does both and appears to be a bargain !

Could you enlighten her if you have an knowledge please.

Gents,
Dish drainer = place where used cutlery disposes of excess water after washing up
Washing up = unknown system of cleansing kitchen utensils
Kitchen = Within vicinity of beer fridge
Hope this assists in your understanding of this thread

If i could have answers tonight i could purchase the best option on ebay and be out of trouble for Valentines again .

Cheers in advance

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Domestic Management bought this collapsible drainer from Wilko for £5 ages ago:-

The wet stuff drains out the bottom, she rates it very highly. I'm unable to comment due to it being located on the wrong side of the beer fridge. ;)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Not the £105 one surely!? :Eeek:
We have the first one but it has holes in the bottom so needs to stand on the tray.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Not the £105 one surely!? :Eeek:
We have the first one but it has holes in the bottom so needs to stand on the tray.
43 people have purchased that !
It must be good or ....................... men have really gone out of their way this valentines !

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Domestic Management bought this collapsible drainer from Wilko for £5 ages ago:-

The wet stuff drains out the bottom, she rates it very highly. I'm unable to comment due to it being located on the wrong side of the beer fridge. ;)
From the powers that be, could thanks be passed on to the powers that be.

PS Your van was designed by a real man !

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Got your first one @suavecarve , good capacity. It's good but it drains outside so needs something below so that it drains into the sink - perhaps your second one underneath it.
Your third: looks good but NO WAY at that price :eek:
I also have a pair of @tonyidle 's mats from Lakeland for when there's just a couple of glasses or whatever. The smaller one works perfectly to stop rattles from under the hob cover when travelling :)
http://www.lakeland.co.uk/25308/2-D...9805!&ef_id=Vr9D0AAAAW3sosRm:20170214200141:s

Or use paper plates, cups & pans. :D2

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
I have a padded cloth looks like a towel sold in poundstretcher as a dish drainer works well and doubles up when traveling underneath glass hob cover to stop rattles.

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
We have the same as Beacons works very well (so I am told) available B & M etc.
She who shall be obeyed is going for the mat type thing described in the last couple of posts.

It will be ordered tonight and got me out out of trouble.....................i hope

Cheers all

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
I bought a collapsible drainer from b&q for about £3 I think and a couple of the mats to soak up the water which I love.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Why not get the first collapsible one and a tray to put under it when washing up and when not ... you've got a tray!!!! (y) Multi-purpose or what!!! :D

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Why not get the first collapsible one and a tray to put under it when washing up and when not ... you've got a tray!!!! (y) Multi-purpose or what!!! :D
I am in absolute astonishment that you dont have a conglomerate of tools ready for the job just to make me envious !

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I am in absolute astonishment that you dont have a conglomerate of tools ready for the job just to make me envious !
.... well I do have: a collapsible one that I picked up at a car boot sale, brand new, for 50p recently ... a standard type plastic one which has a clip on base that I got in France a few years ago for 50c from a vide grenier, also a couple of 1970s style rubber/plastic coated wire ones ... also the smaller MH version of these too ... then I have a roll-out rubberised draining mat ... oh yes I've also got one of the plastic drainers as shown in link 2 above but it's a bit big for our camper ... now let me think, oh yes I've got a narrow one that hold plates with a cutlery holder in the end and one of the 'scissor' type plastic folding ones too ... and I've just remembers a folding metal one too ... I just pick and choose which one to put in the camper based on the space to store it and use it. :D

Some women have lots of handbags (I've got quite a few), lots of shoes (ditto) and in my case lots of dish drainers too! :LOL:

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
We've got the collapsible one like RowleyBirkin has but it has a tray that goes with it as well from B & M last year . It's ideal.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I also use a standard plastic tray - useful for carrying food/drinks outside, Have this to put on it

I tried one of those rubber drain into the sink mats, didn't work. Also tried a soak the water up mat, but had no where to dry it. This arrangement suits me fine as I have a slot in the kitchen to put both away which would be useless for anything else.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I use the cloth one too. Easy to pop into washing machine periodically and cheap enough to own several. B&M .. I also use one at home on the drainer to stop any scratches on the stainless steel.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I also use a standard plastic tray - useful for carrying food/drinks outside, Have this to put on it

I tried one of those rubber drain into the sink mats, didn't work. Also tried a soak the water up mat, but had no where to dry it. This arrangement suits me fine as I have a slot in the kitchen to put both away which would be useless for anything else.
That's the mini one I was referring to which is often sold for caravans, motorhomes etc.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Don't your paper plates end up in a bit of a mushy mess using any of the above?:confused:
Nah, don't bother to wash those, just let the dogs lick them clean for us! (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back