Colinite wax and its application..

Discussion in 'Motorhome Detailing' started by Charlie, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Basildog

Basildog Funster

Ratings:
    +1,033
    My lads just got a new to him car but lives near the sea so was wondering whether 476 would be a good wax for him to use as he is a beginner ?
    Car is black BMW 116

2. DBK

DBK Funster

Ratings:
    +27,980
    I'm sure it will be fine but might need topping up a few times a year. But it is so easy to apply that shouldn't be a hardship. :)
    I suspect the main risk he faces is the risk of sand and salt on the surface scratching the paint when he washes it. Plenty of water first is probably the answer. :)

• Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  3. Burgo

Burgo Funster

Ratings:
    +306
    Just would like to thank Charlie for all the advice. I bought a tin of 476s and a couple of the foam filled putter on-er discs. Yrs trly and Mrs. B did the front end of our Mh this morning in 40 mins,(including a 10 min stop for a brew) with me putting on Mrs. B. following on behind polishing off. Pretty chuffed with the result - a lovely shine and hopefully it'll last.

• Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  4. David and Sally

David and Sally Funster

Ratings:
    +393
    Nor me. Will a damp/dry cloth do?

Thanks

5. DBK

DBK Funster

Ratings:
    +27,980
    Slightly damp cloth should do the trick. Wet and ring it out. :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. TeeMyob

TeeMyob Funster

Ratings:
    +2,548
  7. kaasbroodje

kaasbroodje Funster

Ratings:
    +1,918
    The missus uses Colinite 845 on her Audi TT, she prefers the liquid because it's so easy to apply.
    It's probably washed once a month and the Colinite applied every fourth month, with Autoglym Aquawax for the inbetween washes.
    The car looks glossy, water beads and the dirt just falls off.
    I've watched her do it many times, so know it's straightforward for a beginner :whistle:

8. David and Sally

David and Sally Funster

Ratings:
    +393
    Well, to say I'm impressed with 476 is an understatement. I have coated the roof and bonnet on my dark blue car and the rain is simply beading up and running right off. The panels 'feel' smoother too.

Easy to apply if taking the advice in posts about buffing off straight away. It comes off no trouble. It does not leave white marks on black rubber either.

Too early to tell how long it will last so I'll do other panels on the car and get back to doing a second coat later in the winter.

I have done most of the painted parts on my m/cycle too but not been out in the rain. (Yet!)