Coffee machine off generator? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
E

EdwardFT

Free Member
Aug 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
perhaps I am being overly sensitive. This is what I meant, together with your post asking if this thread was a joke.

BTW what happened to those posts?

Yesterday at 7:15 PM
Looks like I am over-reacting to posts that have already gone. Moderator, you would do us all a favour and offend nobody, least of all me, if you deleted that latest post of mine (and this one too for consistency of course) 😀

Buzz67

Free Member
Feb 10, 2020
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640
Exp
Edward, obviously it’s not Espresso, but have you tried much pour-over coffee.
I’m a coffee lover and that’s what I now drink in the van.

OP
OP
E

EdwardFT

Free Member
Aug 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
Edward, obviously it’s not Espresso, but have you tried much pour-over coffee.
I’m a coffee lover and that’s what I now drink in the van.
I have tried it all! Again on a multi-day hike, I took a collapsible filter holder and a supply of filters. It's good but to me it is one step below a cafetière, two steps below a Moka pot, and three steps below espresso. And we all know that there are three steps to heaven 😄

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 9, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Backpacking and hut to hut in the Pyrenees a couple of years ago, we fell in for a day with an Israeli couple (only travelling together due to an internet advert), and at just under 3000m the lad set up a stove and made coffee with ground beans. I'm no coffee expert, but it tasted great at that altitude
On the summit the girl got undressed and changed into a long skirt and blouse and posed for photographs!!

A memorable coffee.

Oct 9, 2019
Joppa
Funster No
MH
Hymer S650 Starline
Exp
Well Edward I'm with you on the coffee front and its hard to beat a good espresso. I also like a good cup of tea and can compare the excellence of an espresso made from freshly ground beans to the taste of a real cup of tea made from proper tea leaves. Tea made from a tea bag and coffee from instant granules are ok when there is nothing else but it can't beat the real deal.
A bit off topic but when I was young and worked as a labourer in the Dundee docks one of my jobs was to make tea for the gang in the bothy (no-one drank coffee!). We all had tate and lyle syrup tins with wire handles and the insides were brown with tannin. I made the tea in a big black kettle with a mixture of tea bags and loose tea which came straight off the ships from India. To say it came out strong is an understatement - and no milk.
But I'm 'posh' now and love a good espresso. Still like my tea strong though!

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
There's no better way to arouse early morning emotions on a campsite, than to have the aroma of bacon frying, intermingled with fresh ground coffee being brewed, all set to the dulcit tone of a generator chugging away ! :LOL:

OP
OP
E

EdwardFT

Free Member
Aug 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
Well Edward I'm with you on the coffee front and its hard to beat a good espresso. I also like a good cup of tea and can compare the excellence of an espresso made from freshly ground beans to the taste of a real cup of tea made from proper tea leaves. Tea made from a tea bag and coffee from instant granules are ok when there is nothing else but it can't beat the real deal.
A bit off topic but when I was young and worked as a labourer in the Dundee docks one of my jobs was to make tea for the gang in the bothy (no-one drank coffee!). We all had tate and lyle syrup tins with wire handles and the insides were brown with tannin. I made the tea in a big black kettle with a mixture of tea bags and loose tea which came straight off the ships from India. To say it came out strong is an understatement - and no milk.
But I'm 'posh' now and love a good espresso. Still like my tea strong though!
Reminds me of me as a young lad in a factory in Lanarkshire, when I made the tea all the men to,d me that I made better tea than anyone else. It was only later that I realised that was so that I would always have to make it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 9, 2019
Joppa
Funster No
MH
Hymer S650 Starline
Exp
Reminds me of me as a young lad in a factory in Lanarkshire, when I made the tea all the men to,d me that I made better tea than anyone else. It was only later that I realised that was so that I would always have to make it.
I'm sure you were asked to go for a long stand at the stores as well but now we're getting really off topic :giggle:

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
I think if I had £1k to spend on a genie, I think instead I'd be going for in order:
More batteries
More solar
B2B

I have 4x 110A batteries, 400W of solar and a B2B and find that I dont run out of power even though we use the blown air heating, have a tassimo coffee machine and use the TV etc...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back