Coffee is a must!! (2 Viewers)

Feb 18, 2019
East Anglia, UK
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner 2001
Exp
For flavour, my best results so far are the Commandante grinder with Cafec Flower dripper and Cafec papers.

I haven't been able to get as good results with the Hario V60.

A coarser grind works quite well in a mug with hot water on top.

I like espresso but I prefer filter.

I didn't enjoy the Nespresso coffees I had, the Aeropress and cafetiere didn't capture as much flavour as the paper filter.

To you coffee obsessives, what can I improve?

Feb 18, 2019
East Anglia, UK
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner 2001
Exp
Ps I think I had an espresso from a Jura and it was memorably good. Not sure how it'd compare to a big Gaggia but that wouldn't fit in a motorhome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
For flavour, my best results so far are the Commandante grinder with Cafec Flower dripper and Cafec papers.

I haven't been able to get as good results with the Hario V60.

A coarser grind works quite well in a mug with hot water on top.

I like espresso but I prefer filter.

I didn't enjoy the Nespresso coffees I had, the Aeropress and cafetiere didn't capture as much flavour as the paper filter.

To you coffee obsessives, what can I improve?
If it "ain't broke" I wouldn't change anything.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
At the end of the day, taste comes first for me.
I am concerned about looking after the planet (if only I knew how to do so) but admit to being selfish enough to put my own enjoyment first much of the time.
As far as Nespresso is concerned, I imagine that their motivation is profit over the environment and they behave as they do in an attempt to increase sales.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Just tested my minipresso gr out against my posh delonghi nespresso machine.
I used the same capsules in both. My minipresso is the GR version for ground coffee but I empty a nespresso capsule into the coffee basket.
The verdict is.... both machines make exactly the same coffee with a good crema and exactly the same strength and taste.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Yes you can run a Nespresso machine from an inverter but it needs Pure Sine wave, for the first coffee of the day in the motorhome I like a mug full so use the Aeropress, I then use the Nespresso machine and microwave for a Latte when Mrs funflair is up and about so around 11:30 ;)

The Nespresso machine actually uses very little power as it's on for such a short period, OK it's a big draw off the batteries so you need a reasonable sized bank but thats to deliver the peak rather than the capacity, a smaller amount of LiFePO4 would do the job as they are better at big demands.
Old thread I know but when I got my new to me Carthago I was excited cos it had a waeco 1000w inverter which I thought would power my dolce gusto pod coffee machine (the Moka pot is too much of a faff) and alas it won’t power it so I’m looking to upgrade my electrics soon👍

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Old thread I know but when I got my new to me Carthago I was excited cos it had a waeco 1000w inverter which I thought would power my dolce gusto pod coffee machine (the Moka pot is too much of a faff) and alas it won’t power it so I’m looking to upgrade my electrics soon👍
You will need at least a 1500 watt inverter for one of those stupid coffee machines, also advisable to upgrade your batteries.
The Moka type pots make far better coffee we have 3 stainless steel ones, 2 in the house (big & large) & one in the van.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
You will need at least a 1500 watt inverter for one of those stupid coffee machines, also advisable to upgrade your batteries.
The Moka type pots make far better coffee we have 3 stainless steel ones, 2 in the house (big & large) & one in the van.
Probably is better coffee Lenny but it’s such a faff, knock me one up next time we meet😁😁😁

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
As Lenny says at least 1500 watts so go for 2kw.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
That’s at least three of us aero press fans. One of the best things about aero press is there are no little plastic pots going to waste unlike a lot of the modern machines. Coffee really doesn’t need to be in little plastic pots.
Dee swears by her AeroPress

Oct 29, 2021
Chesterfield, UK
Funster No
MH
autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Most of my life in one form or another
Just asked Andrea if we are taking the Tassimo with us on monday , " of course" was the reply along with the milk frothing gizmo thingy .🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
1643393873766.jpeg

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I love these coffee threads

Those who experienced nespresso and won’t drink anything else having enjoyed the silky crema of a real espresso

Versus those who are awaiting re education
Amazing how many so called intelligent people have no idea what Coffee should taste like😉

I understand that millions of folk south of Watford drink Beer/ Lager thats as flat as water with the glass full to the brim😂

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
I forgot that I contributed to this thread in 2020! but i can report that Santa did get me an aero press for Christmas and it does the job for me.

Its especially good as I only need to make 1 (large!) cup of coffee for myself in the morning, also being able to "eject" the waste puck of coffee into a recycling bag means the mess is minimal.

However, at home it's still the bean to cup machine working flat out to keep us going through the breakfast service.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back