two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
For good coffee:
Stainless 8 shot Moka pot
(bit heavier than alloy but no possibility of taste transfer).
Hand grind fresh roasted beans.
Bellman for steaming milk.
It's not espresso, but you can do latte art (with practise).

Aeropress:
Compact and light, but not as good.
Use the filters in the Moka pot, though.

Jul 7, 2020
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Carthago Cmpct i143
Exp
For anyone contemplating trying the inverted method on an AeroPress, you can do it with the paper filters wetted, but for best results (to get a proper crema), you need a stainless steel filter. About a tenner on Amazon.

Deleted User
If we go into a cafe I'm not allowed to order because I would ask for coffee you give you would your builder when they come to concrete a patio - blank faces all around. 🌝

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
VW LWB Crafter
Exp
Since 2009
If we go into a cafe I'm not allowed to order because I would ask for coffee you give you would your builder when they come to concrete a patio - blank faces all around. 🌝
Agreed! At what point in time did we start using silly names for coffee, I just want coffee, as it comes from the jar with a splash of milk. Goat, cow, vegan, I don't really care :LOL:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Agreed! At what point in time did we start using silly names for coffee, I just want coffee, as it comes from the jar with a splash of milk. Goat, cow, vegan, I don't really care :LOL:
It has to have a silly name to justify the price they charge in cafes and coffee shops.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I will try the inverted method this morning! Hope that I don’t get coffee everywhere!
Do any of you know the number of a cleaner please ?
All over my trousers, my socks, down the cupboard fronts, on the kick boards, right across the kitchen floor, across the worktop, under the microwave and places that I have not yet discovered. That is definitely not a method for the campervan!
Two on Tour :swear2::swear2:

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I love these coffee threads

Those who experienced nespresso and won’t drink anything else having enjoyed the silky crema of a real espresso

Versus those who are awaiting re education

Real expresso out of an aluminium capsule :xrofl: :xrofl: :xrofl:, no no no, what you mean is you like the taste that resembles the taste of a real expresso. :doh: ;)

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Do any of you know the number of a cleaner please ?
All over my trousers, my socks, down the cupboard fronts, on the kick boards, right across the kitchen floor, across the worktop, under the microwave and places that I have not yet discovered. That is definitely not a method for the campervan!
Two on Tour :swear2::swear2:

You asked !! :xsmile:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
You asked !! :xsmile:
I did, and I watched the video, it looked quite straightforward. I presumably didn’t push the inner tube down enough inside the outer, or it leaks, but it just started coming outand once started, it all came out before I even had time to put on the filter and invert!

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I did, and I watched the video, it looked quite straightforward. I presumably didn’t push the inner tube down enough inside the outer, or it leaks, but it just started coming outand once started, it all came out before I even had time to put on the filter and invert!
Sounds like a right faff

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Your superior alternative is ?
Well this of course.

Beans.jpg

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I love these coffee threads

Those who experienced nespresso and won’t drink anything else having enjoyed the silky crema of a real espresso

Versus those who are awaiting re education
Your superior alternative is ?

You totally sidestepped the point, which was your use of the word "real" :xsmile:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Cup of tea suits me much better,,,BUSBY. :giggle: :giggle:

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
It's the only way, using my home grown beans of course, chewing them with a glass of hot milk.

Your halfway there Les as they recon the best coffee beans are Kopi luwak which is made from coffee beans plucked from civets' feces. It's the world's most expensive coffee, and it's made from poop. Or rather, it's made from coffee beans that are partially digested and then pooped out by the civet, a catlike creature

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
It surprises me how good the coffee is from a Nespresso machine, particularly considering the size of the capsule.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Aug 12, 2020
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Accordo 120
Exp
Sept 2019
It's the flaff with spent coffee grounds that got to me in the MH. It's okay at home they get strained and recycled into the veg plot. We usually get our ground coffee from a crowd called Ringtons and they do a passably good coffee bag.

1608474195559.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back