Coffee in Bed (1 Viewer)

Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
We are really enjoying our Campscout but one thing we are struggling with is finding a good place to put our coffee cups while we sit in bed in the morning. We find it more comfortable having our heads at the rear end of the bed and hubby currently uses the shelf although the cup only just fits. I sleep on the other side and would like a cup holder or similar. I don't like to screw into walls but know that I may have to for a cup holder. However, I want to be sure I get it right.

What do you use to hold your morning coffee cup ?

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
we had the same problem when we started using our self build i just went for a small shelf. we tried cup holders and found none fitted every cup and after a few spills scrapped them and fitted the shelf

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We have the same problem with our Campscout, however as we sleep the 'wrong' way round with our feet next to the rear doors rather than our heads I've hooked a couple of cup/bottle holders over the strong part of the wall pockets, you can see the location of one of them on the left side of the first picture.

DSCF0563.JPG
DSCF0570.JPG
cup holder.png

OP
OP
CamperSue
Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
We have the same problem with our Campscout, however as we sleep the 'wrong' way round with our feet next to the rear doors rather than our heads I've hooked a couple of cup/bottle holders over the strong part of the wall pockets, you can see the location of one of them on the left side of the first picture.

View attachment 240878 View attachment 240879 View attachment 240880

Thanks @Minxy Girl More great fettling! I know you like to sleep that way but we find it harder to get in and out of bed that way. The coffee cup dilemma is the only downside for us.

OP
OP
CamperSue
Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
Get out of bed !!!

HaHa - I knew that would be a suggestion :p.
I do get out of bed... normally at about 5am when the dog decides that it is light enough that she needs to be fed breakfast ! After that, she is happy to sleep again and I just want to relax in bed with my first coffee of the day.
:coffee:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thanks @Minxy Girl More great fettling! I know you like to sleep that way but we find it harder to get in and out of bed that way. The coffee cup dilemma is the only downside for us.
How about finding something you can hook over the little cubby shelves on the rear doors ...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Thinking on this more and my suggestion for something to hook on the rear doors ... would something along the lines of these do?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.png

OP
OP
CamperSue
Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
Thinking on this more and my suggestion for something to hook on the rear doors ... would something along the lines of these do?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.png
Thanks @Minxy Girl . These might work for you since you sleep with your heads at the other end, but we would keep banging our head on them.

I have ordered one of the wedge cup holders that you and @Rolly suggested. We'll see if it works for us.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
Like you, I didn’t want to drill into the fabric of my moho, so I used sikaflex (other brands of adhesive are available) to fix a batten onto which I screwed the mount for my fire extingisher. If I need to revise, some guitar wire will separate the batten from the wall.

OP
OP
CamperSue
Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
Like you, I didn’t want to drill into the fabric of my moho, so I used sikaflex (other brands of adhesive are available) to fix a batten onto which I screwed the mount for my fire extingisher. If I need to revise, some guitar wire will separate the batten from the wall.
@WSandME Good idea. I may try that for some other projects in the campervan. There is only so much I can do with 3M Command hooks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back