ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
The battery for the tracker is now flat and Vodaphone tell it will only charge when the engine is running (and I assume my clever dick alternator is charging). The insurance company say no tracker no insurance. So to recharge the battery I must drive the MH with the lights on to fool the alternator. Is there an alternative?

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
If near 240v put a battery charger on the battery whilst still connected to van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
It doesn’t sound right that the tracker only charges from the alternator. Why can’t it charge from the battery that way you can use a mains charger on the battery

OP
OP
C

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
How come it has gone flat so quickly?
I don't know.
If near 240v put a battery charger on the battery whilst still connected to van.
Good idea do you know where it is?
It doesn’t sound right that the tracker only charges from the alternator. Why can’t it charge from the battery that way you can use a mains charger on the battery
That's what Vodaphone told me when I paid this year. The tracker signal said low battery & now alarm won't set. I had a similar problem with a plugged in sat nav, had to left plugged in to habitation batteries or it would not last more than50 miles.

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
I don't know.

Good idea do you know where it is?

That's what Vodaphone told me when I paid this year. The tracker signal said low battery & now alarm won't set. I had a similar problem with a plugged in sat nav, had to left plugged in to habitation batteries or it would not last more than50 miles.
Sounds like the tracker gets its power from a circuit that is only live when the ignition is on. that’s no use if the mh is laid up or in storage for any length of time as you have found out. I’d be looking at getting it wired differently.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back