Cobra A4615 - difficulty setting (1 Viewer)

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Hi

We have a Cobra A4615 installed on a Ford Transit base and I am ashamed to say that we usually do not set the alarm at night, which means that we dont lock the cab doors, just rely on the pile of cushions to restrict entry

Next week we are off to the continent for the first time and need to be able to disable the internal ultrasonic detectors so that we can lock the vehicle, set the alarm, and still move around inside

The manual says:

"To disable the volumetric protection proceed as follow:
switch the engine off being sure that the ignition switch has been turned to the OFF position. Within 5 s press the emergency panel pushbutton and keep it pressed until it will flash once to confirm that the volumetric protection only has been disabled. By keeping the pushbutton pressed the system will confi rm with two flashes that the additional sensor input only has been disabled, with three flashes for both of them disabled. The selected protection will remain disabled until the system will be disarmed. It will be automatically restored at the next arming"

I cannot seem to get this correct. It is not clear to me when the alarm should be set. I leave the key in the ignition, turn ignition to OFF and press the remote lock button on the key, which also sets alarm. The alarm LED is on continously then flashes as I first press the button, and then on release, after a while, the LED starts pulsing and then the alarm goes off

The alarm works fine when leaving the van and setting all sensors. I'm sure that this ability to disable the internal sensors was working OK when I tried it last year. Is there some kind soul with the same alarm that can give me some pointers on setting it correctly?

TIA

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Is there not a button on the dash beside the led ? I'm sure when we had a van with a Cobra alarm that was how we disabled the interior sensors.

OP
OP
Clickem

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Yes, there is a button on the LED (the emergency panel pushbutton) that I am pressing and holding down but it does not seem to turn the alarm off inside the van

I think that I am not following the correct sequence and hoped that someone could point me to what I am doing wrong

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Clickem

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Yes, push in the small lever under the door catch, but locking the doors automatically puts the alarm on

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Yeah? Hmm. We've got that alarm but on Fiat. Ok try this. Leave key in ignition until you've pressed dash button within 5 secs then take out key and press remote. Sure that's how I do ours. I'll check as soon as I can.

Yep. Just been and checked. Ignition off, key in or out, press and hold dash alarm button for a few secs within 5 secs of switching off ignition. Press button on remote to lock doors and arm alarm. Sensors off. H.T.H. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Clickem

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Yeah? Hmm. We've got that alarm but on Fiat. Ok try this. Leave key in ignition until you've pressed dash button within 5 secs then take out key and press remote. Sure that's how I do ours. I'll check as soon as I can.

Yep. Just been and checked. Ignition off, key in or out, press and hold dash alarm button for a few secs within 5 secs of switching off ignition. Press button on remote to lock doors and arm alarm. Sensors off. H.T.H. :)

Thanks for that, just on way out, will try in morning

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Within 5 s press the emergency panel pushbutton and keep it pressed until it will flash once to confirm that the volumetric protection only has been disabled

According to your post you are just pressing the button to arm the system conventionally.....KEEP IT PRESSED AS ABOVE

OP
OP
Clickem

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years

Thank you very much, that worked a treat. The difference is pressing the alarm dash button BEFORE removing the ignition key and setting the alarm

Much better solution than the brother-in-laws suggestion of putting insulating tape over the sensors

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Thank you very much, that worked a treat. The difference is pressing the alarm dash button BEFORE removing the ignition key and setting the alarm

Much better solution than the brother-in-laws suggestion of putting insulating tape over the sensors
Remember that when you disarm /unlock van in morning or at any time it will revert to interior sensors again. It has to be done each time you wish to disable them.i.e. every night

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back