Cobra 4615 Alarm going Off Randomly (1 Viewer)

Jan 21, 2015
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Lo-line Coachbuilt
Exp
Just Starting Fifth Year
Hi Funsters, I need your help again if possible, My cobra 4615 alarm has started to go off randomly, which isn't good for the neighbours as I park on my drive. The odd thing is that when it goes off the indicators don't flash and neither does the dash LED button to indicate the fault, which may indicate a communication issue between the main unit and the siren.
I have located the garage and hab door magnetic switches and they both test out as working.
However, I can't for the life of me find the bonnet switch which I know is often the cause of alarm faults, but doesn't explain the lack of indicator/LED flashing when it goes off. The moho is on a 2015 Peugeot Boxer.
Any ideas anybody?

Nov 19, 2013
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Sold up!
Exp
since 2013
Had a similar problem which was only found when a different alarm techie came and he said it was the bonnet sensor sitting right on the edge of its actuation point and and effectively bouncing between alarm and no alarm.
He adjusted it and it never went off in error ever again.
The lack of indication he put down to the speed of the switch between alarm/no alarm fooling the electronics into a no alarm scenario.

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
Phone vodaphone, they will do a diagnosis.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We had to fit a solid block between the bonnet and the bonnet lining for the sensor to sit against.

Deleted User
Is your battery charged? Sometimes random alarms are an indication of a low voltage.

Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
If a hail storm is forecast, I have to switch off the internal sensors as the hail seems to trigger the alarm.
Also, if I leave a window or vent open, that also triggers the alarm in windy conditions.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I had a similar issue some (many?) years back with a very sophisticated (for the era) alarm, It kept triggering for no aparent reason. In the end they replaced the control unit, but they where blaming "rodents" at one point, even though we had no sign of any infestation.

Motoroaming

Free Member
Apr 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
FIAT DUCATO
Hi
We recently bought a motorhome with a cobra alarm system fitted in it. It only came with one fob (not attached to a key)
We need another fob and are struggling to get one programmed without the model number or serial number?
Can anyone advise?
Thankyou

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Hi
We recently bought a motorhome with a cobra alarm system fitted in it. It only came with one fob (not attached to a key)
We need another fob and are struggling to get one programmed without the model number or serial number?
Can anyone advise?
Thankyou

You should be able to tell from the fob you do have what your model it is,there are videos on You tube showing you how to programme a new one. The serial number and model will also be on the control unit which,dependant on the installer can be quite easy to findšŸ™

6EC1851D-DFAE-4D70-8C91-702B22396AC8.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back