Tour Guide Wanted Coastal Tour of Great Britain (1 Viewer)

Apr 23, 2021
Cardiff, Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit SWB
Has anyone done this in a MH, I was thinking of doing this and came up with a rough schedule of about 3,000 miles in total with and average of just over 100 miles a day with a number of stops at specific places.

Does this seem doable?

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Has anyone done this in a MH, I was thinking of doing this and came up with a rough schedule of about 3,000 miles in total with and average of just over 100 miles a day with a number of stops at specific places.

Does this seem doable?
I read about a man doing it by motorbike. He did around 11000 miles. He did stick as close as possible to the coast.
Sounds like a nice steady trip to me. Go for it and put a trip report on here please.

OP
OP
D
Apr 23, 2021
Cardiff, Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit SWB
I've tried creating a map in google maps - but it only allows you about 10 stops! I need a few more!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
I've tried creating a map in google maps - but it only allows you about 10 stops! I need a few more!!
If you use Garmin you can download Basecamp which is Garmin's own routing system. I have it. It's very easy to use and will let you do the whole route then cut it into smaller sections.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you are planning on doing 100 miles a day on average that's not really going to leave you much time to enjoy where you stop, I'd cut it into chunks instead and spend time doing one bit thoroughly and enjoy each rather than feel you 'must' do the whole lot in one go.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Hi
I know of someone who did it in his van. Frank Bryant. Those of you who were ever on facts would know him as Sallytraffic. He didn't do it in one hit but he did finish it. He wrote a blog about it but not sure how to find it.

Dec 7, 2017
Sherwood Forest, Notts
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017. Before had caravan, folding camper and various tents.
One Man and his Bike is an excellent book by Mike Carter about cycling the coast, I think he did 5,000 miles. Inspirational.

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
Started doing this in the ambi in 2011 went north as far as South Shields. Returned for a wedding. Eventually did Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex. Series of misfortunes later ( new knees etc) we are of agingt this year after Thetford foor North of Newcastle to Berwick down Hadrisns Wall and start the West coast as far as we get. Dont like to plan a lot just a general direction to take in all we want to visit. That first year we only planned the Tall Ships at Hartlepool and Sunderland Air Show. So who know what we will see

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back