Coast of Scotland trip (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
We're hoping to resume our 'Hug the Coast of Scotland' trip later this month but could do with a bit of Advice/Local Knowledge for this particular part.....

We are resuming where we left off at Garelochhead and going up the A814 to Arrochar then the A83 to Ardgarten but here's the dilemma....

We want to hug the coast as close as possible and Google maps shows there are minor roads south of Ardgarten within the peninsula formed by Loch Long and Loch Goil. Google Street view shows the road almost as far south as Coilessen down Loch Long but then probably forestry roads most of the way round the peninsula and back up Loch Goil to Lochgoilhead.
We have a 7.2 metre MH; anyone any first hand knowledge of these roads within the peninsula?

I seem to remember someone of Fun setting off earlier this year to do a coastal tour but can't find the thread on the search engine

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We go trough Ardgartan a couple of times a year and have pitched there before. From memory there are only forestry roads south of there. Our route is normally over the Rest and be Thankful and then down to Inverary. As far as I am aware it's not possible to follow the coast of Loch Long or Loch Goil. Best bet is the A815 through Strachur and on down to the Holy Loch.

We've only been to Campbelltown once, not a lot there but worth a visit nonetheless.

Enjoy your trip.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
If you are on the kintyre peninsula then for me the Gouldruns is well worth a visit, with the herd's of wild goats going down to the sea. The Seals basking right next to the road, and the gannets diving
We loved that peninsula even Cambletown after visiting the little museum and having the history bought to life.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back