Co-codamol availability? (1 Viewer)

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Does anyone know if Co-codamol (or similar) is available over the counter in pharmacies in France and Spain?

Deleted User
Does anyone know if Co-codamol (or similar) is available over the counter in pharmacies in France and Spain?

I would imagine that it would depend on the codeine content, 500/8mg are available off prescription here and probably the same in Europe.

If the codeine content is higher and you have a prescription for them here, take the prescription with you and in my experience pharmacists in France, Spain and Portugal will sell you the prescribed medication but in my case it has never included opiods.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Yes, as far as I remember, in France. However OTC painkillers are expensive so if you're travelling from the UK I'd suggest taking a supply with you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S
Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Thanks - and yes, I'm only really talking about the 500/8mg non-prescription form. I'm guessing you're talking about Portugal as "here"?

Deleted User
Thanks - and yes, I'm only really talking about the 500/8mg non-prescription form. I'm guessing you're talking about Portugal as "here"?

No, back in the UK at the moment for a hip replacement, hence some little knowledge of painkillers:), driving again now so set off back next Monday via France:D.

Keep off the codeine, gives you constipation........aargh!!

Reactions: DBK

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
No, back in the UK at the moment for a hip replacement, hence some little knowledge of painkillers:), driving again now so set off back next Monday via France:D.

I think you're putting them in the wrong end. ...

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
The ones we are prescribed in the UK we cannot buy over the counter here in Portugal. We can buy alternatives though. It's because of the opiate content. €2.54 for 20 we pay.

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Tried to buy some last May in Tavernes, Spain, as I had bought them there in the past but the pharmacist said they are now prescriptions only.

I showed her my NHS scrip repeat form and my DL and she sold me a box of soluble ones but asked me not to blab about it.

if you've got the scrip with you it might be worth chancing a request.

Good luck.

Hymie

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

Take them with you,,,expensive in Spain,,BUSBY.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
... and buy Acaii berries from Holland & Barrett when they have their penny sale on ... to help combat that constipation .. agony...

Deleted User
Take them with you,,,expensive in Spain,,BUSBY.

Not me that wants them....for the reason below:)

... and buy Acaii berries from Holland & Barrett when they have their penny sale on ... to help combat that constipation .. agony...

Once bitten....twice shy......just keep away from codeine or morphine now:).....ibuprofen and paracetamol will do me for a while.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Not me that wants them....for the reason below:)

Once bitten....twice shy......just keep away from codeine or morphine now:).....ibuprofen and paracetamol will do me for a while.

Me too ... but I always keep a bottle of the berries ready just in case .... first thing I say to anyone with knackered hips ... there seem to be loads of them at the mh meets o_Oo_O .. is STOP taking the blasted Co codamol before the constipation kicks in because that's just transferring pain from one are to your backside.

My biggest claim to fame when I gave birth was that I had the biggest piles the gorgeously handsome doctor had ever seen. :(

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Very rare occurrence that I take pain medication but being severely allergic to ibuprofen the only safe option is cocodamol. I always keep some with me as I do some antihistamine but maybe never use either. I really avoid any forms of medication whenever possible. Never been inside Holland & Barrett and never suffer constipation either joy:)

Deleted User
Me too ... but I always keep a bottle of the berries ready just in case .... first thing I say to anyone with knackered hips ... there seem to be loads of them at the mh meets o_Oo_O .. is STOP taking the blasted Co codamol before the constipation kicks in because that's just transferring pain from one are to your backside.

My biggest claim to fame when I gave birth was that I had the biggest piles the gorgeously handsome doctor had ever seen. :(

Too much information:Eeek::rofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back