Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Broken Link Removed

Has anybody used one of these - I wondered what they are like to tow and reverse etc.

Are they good bits of kit?

:thumb::thumb:

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
I bought one last year and find it very good so far. It tows like it is not there; I had to reverse it (under supervision as I am rubbish otherwise!) and did not find it too much of a problem with the reversing camera as you cannot see it on the wing mirrors alone. I bought mine with the caster set - brilliant for storing upright in the garage! My only criticism is the loading ramp which has no sides to keep the wheels from falling off when loading/unloading. I have no worries about recommending it and the gentleman who makes them whose service was excellent. Go for it!

plumbomb

Free Member
Oct 18, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Digger Jon ive been looking for something on the same lines as this can you tell me where you got it from. i ride a Triumph Sprint 1050ST & to be able to take it away with us would be fantastic. Were pretty new to motor homing got our first MH last year & try to get away most weekends so cant go out for a ride. ive seen quite a few on here have bikes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MikeD

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Digger Jon ive been looking for something on the same lines as this can you tell me where you got it from. i ride a Triumph Sprint 1050ST & to be able to take it away with us would be fantastic. Were pretty new to motor homing got our first MH last year & try to get away most weekends so cant go out for a ride. ive seen quite a few on here have bikes.

http://www.cmf-engineering.com/t-home/ :thumb::thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
probably a nightmare to reverse.....far too short and wide and unless you have a reversing camera its doubtful you would see it in your rear veiw before it hits the rear of the van.

The longer a trailer is the easier it is to reverse.

Good idea but give me a regular bike trailer any day.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
probably a nightmare to reverse.....far too short and wide and unless you have a reversing camera its doubtful you would see it in your rear veiw before it hits the rear of the van.

The longer a trailer is the easier it is to reverse.

Good idea but give me a regular bike trailer any day.

Quite right virtually impossible to reverse, if your gonna have a trailer like that it needs castor wheels for easy reversing trouble is they double the price. The reason we went for our model Hymer the bike, 650 Kawasaki Versys, goes in the garage now sold all our trailers.

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Reversing with some help was not too bad and I do have a reversing camera. I am rubbish at reversing normally, so thank you for expert instructions from my reversing helper! If all else fails, unhitch it; manoeuvre and rehitch! Simple as it is easy to move the loaded trailer around.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Reversing with some help was not too bad and I do have a reversing camera. I am rubbish at reversing normally, so thank you for expert instructions from my reversing helper! If all else fails, unhitch it; manoeuvre and rehitch! Simple as[HI] it is easy to move the loaded trailer around[/HI].

not if you are reversing uphill it aint.....:ROFLMAO:

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Has a very similar trailer for 2 years from Armitages at Ferrybridge. Behaved very well and reversed ok after practice. As my scooter is very heavy it was rather difficult to load so have now replaced it with an Easylifter Hyro. Haven't used it yet but loads simply and reverses with ease.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Mike, we have someone on site here in Spain that has one, I think its the same company as he said they are in Ross on Wye.
He is not very happy with his, and did say he might try and get them to exchange it when they go home for a in line trailer, because he has loads of straps on the scooter and it still rocks back and forwards and the bar that goes over the top has worn the paint off.
I helped load the scooter today ( as they came off and he has cracked ribs ) , and I was not impressed with the ramp having no lip to guide you on, and could easy come off the side.

They have a 125cc Honda scooter weighing about 125kg. :Smile: Bob.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I agree with papa john a longer trailer is easier to reverse. I can reverse a 40ft trailer better then a small camping trailer on the car:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back