LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Regarding Bristol Baltic wharf closing, I understand that Bristol city council have offered the ex Avon and Somerset police mounted dog and horse site on the other side of the river Avon. A bit of a walk into town though.
Last I heard, the council had denied planning permission for that site due to the risk of flooding. Who knows?

OP
OP
David and Sally
Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Regarding Bristol Baltic wharf closing, I understand that Bristol city council have offered the ex Avon and Somerset police mounted dog and horse site on the other side of the river Avon. A bit of a walk into town though.
I know roughly where that site is but I can't see it having the magic of the spot Baltic Wharf is on.

chrissielo

Free Member
Dec 24, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Forever
Had a call from Bristol. Cancelled our booking for after Christmas. Seems CMC are closing sites.
I was going to cancel anyway. Cancelled Minehead over the New Year too.

I guess we are heading for a national lockdown very soon. šŸ˜©
It's only Club Sites as far as I know

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 20, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We were on our way up to Leeds ( I know it seems strange but our 23 year old son moved there to start a new job just before lockdown. He's been working from home since March and doesn't know anyone up there so he is in our support bubble as he lives alone). We stopped at Blackmore camping and caravan club site on the way up and were booked into Moreton in Marsh for the 26th on the way back. Had a call while at Blackmore cancelling Moreton because of government advice but managed to book Blackmore for 26th - had to do a 2 day booking because that was the minimum so the Camping and Caravan club don't seem to see the guidance the same way as the caravan and motorhome club

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Last I heard, the council had denied planning permission for that site due to the risk of flooding. Who knows?
Yes thats correct
A caravan club looking for a new home in Bristol is likely to have its plan rejected, after concerns it would ruin views over the city and pose a serious flood risk.
The council officers' report states: "The councilā€™s conservation officer considers that views from Brunel Way, Ashton Court,and the Suspension Bridge will all be adversely affected by visual clutter of caravans, hardstanding and built features, with particularly bad intrusion after dusk.

As far ad I know, I donā€™t remember the mounted horse stables ever flooding although the danger is getting worse as the river no longer dredged. As for ruining views over the city, can you imagine what the harbourside used to look like when it was all industry, working docks and the town gas works? Now itā€™s all expensive apartments the ā€œhistoric viewsā€ have to be saved!

Mar 16, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu T460
Exp
Feb 2017
Why does it appear that everyone thinks that if the Govmt advice says you can do this or that, that its safe to do so.
Covid does'nt know what day it is or what tier you are in ?
Does everyone here not think that it's a good idea to treat everyone else as though they have the virus.
I mean it's invisible, you cant see it, it's out there killing more each day, 700+ yesterday, that's 700+ families devastated by this.
Why does everyone think that when the Govmnt lift a restriction Covid goes away or it's safe to mix ?
Madness to me.

Timcowen

Free Member
Dec 24, 2018
Funster No
MH
Rimor Sailer 748since
Exp
Since 2017
Surely it's obvious to everyone by now that the covid 19 virus is killing people and leaving many sufferers with lasting health issues. I find it incredible that people are still hankering after leaving their safe home environment for the sake of travelling in their MH to various sites for what is nothing more than a 'holiday'
For goodness sake, stay at home. Stop beating on about the rights and wrongs of sites closing. There is nothing more important than your life and that of others you may come into contact with however careful you may think you are.
If you want any form of future I suggest you knuckle down and do the right thing.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
As far as I am aware they have not been told to close, it is their choice not a law stating they must
Interesting take on whatā€™s happening, without wishing to be a gloom merchant sage are suggesting that their could be more deaths in 2021 than 2020 from COVID-19, we probably should all be in lock down 1/2 of England is. A campsite is a non essential business and as I see it C&MC are protecting their Staff and are being responsible. As much as we really really want to be out their playing travelling and having fun.

Letā€™s hope in a few months we can go out safely again

The Government says all non essential business to close

Tier 4: Stay at Home​

Mar 16, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu T460
Exp
Feb 2017
If you want any form of future I suggest you knuckle down and do the right thing.
Agree 100%
The government have relied on the general public showing some common sense, those that took Covid seriously are responsible for getting the curve, the figures down last Aug/Sept.
The problem is that Common Sense is not very common.
This stock answer of "I'm not hurting anyone", is used by those in denial.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Surely it's obvious to everyone by now that the covid 19 virus is killing people and leaving many sufferers with lasting health issues. I find it incredible that people are still hankering after leaving their safe home environment for the sake of travelling in their MH to various sites for what is nothing more than a 'holiday'
For goodness sake, stay at home. Stop beating on about the rights and wrongs of sites closing. There is nothing more important than your life and that of others you may come into contact with however careful you may think you are.
Just to clarify . You will be staying in your house 24 hours a day indefinitely until you have had the vaccine ?Not setting a foot outside or seeing anyone and having all food shopping delivered to your house ?

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Just to clarify . You will be staying in your house 24 hours a day indefinitely until you have had the vaccine ?Not setting a foot outside or seeing anyone and having all food shopping delivered to your house ?
Thatā€™s pretty much how it feels, we have not had any visitors to the house since March, only postal shopping and groceries delivered (then washed) we go out but stay away from others when walking etc. Canā€™t wait to get a vaccine and for this virus and itā€™s near cousins to die down. Meeting people in pubs, shops and restaurants has just seems inappropriate ( apology if you have done and view the risk differently ).

I have some friends who were planning to meet up as the R number was low and the perceived risk was small (Tier 2) yet only a matter of a week and a bit we were in Tier 4. Hope you all haveyour way of keeping sane, safe and well. I supect give it 3-6 months and we can all go out and play again.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Thatā€™s pretty much how it feels, we have not had any visitors to the house since March, only postal shopping and groceries delivered (then washed) we go out but stay away from others when walking etc. Canā€™t wait to get a vaccine and for this virus and itā€™s near cousins to die down. Meeting people in pubs, shops and restaurants has just seems inappropriate ( apology if you have done and view the risk differently ).

I have some friends who were planning to meet up as the R number was low and the perceived risk was small (Tier 2) yet only a matter of a week and a bit we were in Tier 4. Hope you all haveyour way of keeping sane, safe and well. I supect give it 3-6 months and we can all go out and play again.
That sounds like a lot of people I know. If everyone did the same we could well have half the deaths we have I suspect that a lot of spread is by choices that people make to go out shopping for non essentials and the pub etc. We're in tier 2 I wish they would make it tier 3 or better still 4 to stop wandering idiots from higher tiers.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Keeping well away from everyone, even when away (for a change of scenery/retain sanity as much as anything). Shopping is click and collect only and will remain so for the foreseeable

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Keeping well away from everyone, even when away (for a change of scenery/retain sanity as much as anything). Shopping is click and collect only and will remain so for the foreseeable
I want tier 4 because it just removes a lot of the temptations. Better still with a nightime curfew then crack on with those jabs.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Interesting take on whatā€™s happening, without wishing to be a gloom merchant sage are suggesting that their could be more deaths in 2021 than 2020 from COVID-19, we probably should all be in lock down 1/2 of England is. A campsite is a non essential business and as I see it C&MC are protecting their Staff and are being responsible. As much as we really really want to be out their playing travelling and having fun.

Letā€™s hope in a few months we can go out safely again

The Government says all non essential business to close

Tier 4: Stay at Home​

No

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
We are now in tier 4, wife can't go out yet because of wife'sknee replacement . So still in Static caravan , but even if she could go out her white blood cells are so low all the time so near no resistance to germs, so yes not having visitors, except deliveries, even that's a risk as virus can stay in air for up to 2 hours after delivery person has gone.

Aug 31, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
4th year
They cancelled Blandon chains cotswolds that was booked for Xmas for us back in November as they had overbooked somehow, they booked us on a service pitch in the midlands for the same price and sent a Ā£10 voucher for the error. We were going to cancel anyway so had a result. šŸ˜Ž

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Very confused. We had a call 7 ish days ago by the Henley CMC site to cancel our booking over the new year and in fact saying all sites will be closed now until March. We were going to cancel anyhow after going into tier 4. Today had an email from CMC promoting a 'glamping' holiday from early Jan with discounted offers? The CMC site says there will be a review for all site openings on 30 12 20 - why don't they cancel period until further notice. And why promote 'Glamping' holidays - stay at home, essential travel only, don't stay over night except etc...Very irresponsible.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back