David and Sally
Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
it’s none of your business. You have no idea of my circumstances.
As I started this thread with every intention of helping members understand their CMC situations I feel I have an input here.

You did declare you had sold the van but had left your booking(s) stand. It may be that you intend to buy a new van. If so, then I can see what you are doing. If you have no intention of buying another then I think the question stands.

Either way, simply snapping off a reply like that is not helpful, nor informative. IMHO you could have been more polite.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I am no lover of clubs, and don't belong to any, but I am afraid you can't really knock them over this, they are not in business to cater for full timers, anymore than campers, if they are told to close that's what they should do.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
I am no lover of clubs, and don't belong to any, but I am afraid you can't really knock them over this, they are not in business to cater for full timers, anymore than campers, if they are told to close that's what they should do.
As far as I am aware they have not been told to close, it is their choice not a law stating they must

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
As I started this thread with every intention of helping members understand their CMC situations I feel I have an input here.

You did declare you had sold the van but had left your booking(s) stand. It may be that you intend to buy a new van. If so, then I can see what you are doing. If you have no intention of buying another then I think the question stands.

Either way, simply snapping off a reply like that is not helpful, nor informative. IMHO you could have been more polite.
I will be helpful here and promise that my booking below IS other people’s business. C&CC had almost zero availability over the new year but due to cancellations now have space at many sites if anyone is interested. I just booked Sandringham C&CC site hard standing over the New year when previously fully booked. Can finally “meet up“ again with Stagman for a law abiding socially distanced meet up probably shouting across a field at each other.

So if anyone is legally able to travel then have a good search if in the C&CC :xThumb:

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
I will be helpful here and promise that my booking below IS other people’s business. C&CC had almost zero availability over the new year but due to cancellations now have space at many sites if anyone is interested. I just booked Sandringham C&CC site hard standing over the New year when previously fully booked. Can finally “meet up“ again with Stagman for a law abiding socially distanced meet up probably shouting across a field at each other.

So if anyone is legally able to travel then have a good search if in the C&CC :xThumb:
This is exactly why we are changing to the C&CC next year . I called the CAMC club this morning and they are still claiming the closure is on government advice . It’s not , it’s a club decision .

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
In tier one and two areas they can stay open . This is the clubs choice and nothing to do with government advice .

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
It could be a staff problem a lot of our friends work for both clubs and some of them took this year off because of the COVID risk most of them are our age 60s

would you want to clean the loo’s and have to come in to contact with so many people all for min wage

I feel sorry for full timers I hope you find a pitch for the Christmas maybe we could start a thread for sites that are still open or resurrect one of the old threads

Sep 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Recent
In tier one and two areas they can stay open . This is the clubs choice and nothing to do with government advice .
I think it's down to interpretation of the guidelines, see below. I know this is travelling out of Tier but then they say avoid travelling out of your local area so this is where the ambiguity comes from. BTW, I'm still hoping to get away for new year but will what happens over the coming days before deciding.

Travelling out of a Tier 2 area​

You should stay local and avoid travelling outside of your local area, meaning your village or town, or part of a city, where possible. People should continue to travel for reasons such as work, education, getting medical attention or fulfilling caring responsibilities.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
I think it's down to interpretation of the guidelines, see below. I know this is travelling out of Tier but then they say avoid travelling out of your local area so this is where the ambiguity comes from. BTW, I'm still hoping to get away for new year but will what happens over the coming days before deciding.

Travelling out of a Tier 2 area​

You should stay local and avoid travelling outside of your local area, meaning your village or town, or part of a city, where possible. People should continue to travel for reasons such as work, education, getting medical attention or fulfilling caring responsibilities.
We are in tier one and will now stay at a tier one campsite with C&CC

Sep 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Recent
We are in tier one and will now stay at a tier one campsite with C&CC
I will do the same in Tier 2 but the point I was making is, people (the covid police) will see the bit about staying in your town/village and chastise us for breaking the rules!

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Try Love2stay in Shrewsbury . To answer my own question above they will not be closing . Quite expensive but good size pitches and even have black waste disposal on every pitch so good at this time of year .
Very expensive i would say
20201222_131654.jpg

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!

You probably took the space I've been compelled to hand back being stuck in Tier 4. Hope it's big enough for your massive wagon compared to my little thing :D

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Melrose is currently Tier 1 but moves to Tier 4, along with all of mainland Scotland, on 26th.
If Scotland hadn't been closing totally from the 26th the tier 1 was going anyway
As soon as the area went down to 1 (Scottish Levels are different anyway) there was a rash of positive tests 119 in the last week
Not a big number but the total pop for the area is only 114000 or so
Melrose in December is in the shade anyway, someone stuck some hills in the way

OP
OP
David and Sally
Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
The main reason we have not used CCC this year is that all the sites we looked at had their toilets closed. At least CMC kept most of theirs open.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
If Scotland hadn't been closing totally from the 26th the tier 1 was going anyway

Melrose in December is in the shade anyway, someone stuck some hills in the way
Agreed, Tier 1 would have gone.:xsad:
If you know the "correct" pitches you can get sun all day (obviously, Scottish weather permitting). Having said that, we've yet to have really poor weather in the last 3 \ 4 years.:xsmile:
We're generally there 2-3 times during December \ January every year.:xThumb:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
You probably took the space I've been compelled to hand back being stuck in Tier 4. Hope it's big enough for your massive wagon compared to my little thing :D
I think this is absolutely shocking behaviour having a SD meeting across a field in the middle of winter over a bankholiday probably enjoying good food and wine.

I don't know what to say except. I wish I was there :xlaugh:

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Agreed, Tier 1 would have gone.:xsad:
If you know the "correct" pitches you can get sun all day (obviously, Scottish weather permitting). Having said that, we've yet to have really poor weather in the last 3 \ 4 years.:xsmile:
We're generally there 2-3 times during December \ January every year.:xThumb:
Bit close to home for us to use the site and was based in Melrose for a while
Had a walk from there to Leaderfoot and back last week which was nice but the going was a bit soft in places :xblink:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Thanks Rob. I gave you a man hug and a promise of much beverage** next time we meet

**type of beverage not specified. Depends if Aldi have their £3.25 a bottle chateau pis du chat available :xwink:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I think this is absolutely shocking behaviour having a SD meeting across a field in the middle of winter over a bankholiday probably enjoying good food and wine.

I don't know what to say except. I wish I was there :xlaugh:
.....not sorry...... :xwink:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Bit close to home for us to use the site and was based in Melrose for a while
Had a walk from there to Leaderfoot and back last week which was nice but the going was a bit soft in places :xblink:
Just to bring back memories! Walk along the Tweed a favourite of ours.:xThumb:

1608653399918.png

January 2018

1608653453872.png

December 2019

1608653482212.png

January 2020

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Hard luck DuxDeluxe I see that C&CC Sandringham will now be closed from the 26th.

To be fair, I think CMC closing their sites was just slightly ahead of the curve. At the current rate the whole country will be tier 4. For those trying to operate any site that had stayed open it would have been a major challenging trying to police the aggravation of deciding if the increasingly few who were there, were allowed to have escaped their home..

Stollysmith

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Van hightop
Exp
Newby
Such a shame - Baltic Wharf is closing for good in May so there aren't going to be many opportunities to go there now. I have a few days booked in April but who knows whether I will get there :(
Regarding Bristol Baltic wharf closing, I understand that Bristol city council have offered the ex Avon and Somerset police mounted dog and horse site on the other side of the river Avon. A bit of a walk into town though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back