Clutch claw etc (1 Viewer)

May 13, 2020
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 675
Exp
couple of years and loving it
I plan on using one of these things but as agreed with my insurer but wondered if I should also use something more visible, a steering wheel lock or perhaps a wheel clamp. Any advice greatly appreciate.

Cheers

Steve

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
20200302_143639_resized.jpg

Check out the disklock threads
The patriot is an extremely easy to use device, the first i add of the 4 yellows i use. The milenco wheel clamp is the most difficult to use

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2020
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2015, still learning
I use a very big motorbike chain and combination padlock that goes through the steering wheel and the handle on the door. It's bright yellow. not perfect but hopefully will make them think twice or find an easier target.

Cush

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Just purchased a clutch claw from manufacturers website. No option to input a discount code, £115 including delivery.

Jul 26, 2019
Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
McLoius Fusion
Exp
Since 2019
I plan on using one of these things but as agreed with my insurer but wondered if I should also use something more visible, a steering wheel lock or perhaps a wheel clamp. Any advice greatly appreciate.

Cheers

Steve
Why not have all 3 ? The more you can fit, the better. We use a clutch claw, steering wheel lock and 2 wheel clamps. Make your van look harder to steal than the one parked next to you

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just purchased a clutch claw from manufacturers website. No option to input a discount code, £115 including delivery.
Just did a dummy order putting the Fun discount code into the "coupon code" box once in the cart & it worked giving £10.90 discount.

Last edited:
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Just did a dummy order putting the Fun discount code into the "coupon code" box once in the cart & it worked giving £10.90 discount.
Don't know where I was looking but never saw a 'coupon code' box. I tried twice and eventually just ordered it without a discount :doh:

Just did it again and found the box :clown:

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock

Cheers

Steve
I use both stop lock and a clutch claw

Aug 12, 2020
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Accordo 120
Exp
Sept 2019
Just tried to order the Claw from the mnfr, noted that there appears to be several types of Claw for various styles of vehicles. Selected Motorhome, put in motorhomefun10 (note small case "m" to get a response) then the site comes back with a message to the effect that the voucher will be authorised once conditions are met. The price remains the same, then p&p is added but no voucher reduction. So question, what are the conditions the web site is waiting for? What have I missed guys?

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just tried to order the Claw from the mnfr, noted that there appears to be several types of Claw for various styles of vehicles. Selected Motorhome, put in motorhomefun10 (note small case "m" to get a response) then the site comes back with a message to the effect that the voucher will be authorised once conditions are met. The price remains the same, then p&p is added but no voucher reduction. So question, what are the conditions the web site is waiting for? What have I missed guys?
Were you trying it on the Grade B stock? It used to work on that too but now only on full price perfect stock but worked for us on a dummy order:

ProductPriceQuantitySubtotal
×Clutch Claw in-car security device£109.00£109.00 (incl. VAT)
Apply coupon
Update cart
Cart totals
Subtotal£109.00 (incl. VAT)
Coupon: motorhomefun10-£10.90 [Remove]
Total£98.10 (includes £16.35 VAT)

Aug 12, 2020
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Accordo 120
Exp
Sept 2019
Thanks for that update Wombles. I can confirm that I was not the "seconds" stock I was looking at BUT I had selected the Motorhome version of the Claw (same price) rather than the car version. While I got a similar picture to yours above, no discount had been applied. Rather I got that message about discounts being applied when the "conditions" were met. I'll investigate further later. Thanks for your help.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thanks for that update Wombles. I can confirm that I was not the "seconds" stock I was looking at BUT I had selected the Motorhome version of the Claw (same price) rather than the car version. While I got a similar picture to yours above, no discount had been applied. Rather I got that message about discounts being applied when the "conditions" were met. I'll investigate further later. Thanks for your help.
Thanks for the feedback - that's an extra listing with MOTORHOME heading that wasn't there before but at least code works on the original web listing https://www.nkgroup.co.uk/product/clutch-claw-in-car-security-device/ which is listed (bottom of the page) as fitting all those below so just two ways of listing the same product
  • FIAT DUCATO / PEUGEOT BOXER / CITROEN JUMPER, BASED VANS / MOTOR-HOMES

Aug 12, 2020
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Accordo 120
Exp
Sept 2019
Thank you Wombles for the updates. We've got a short tour of the Central Highlands and Fife coming up so I've decided to leave the ordering until we come back. In the last few days I've offered to take stuff in from delivery guys for the neighbours BUT long intake of breath......Oh No can't do that sir, Covid regs and all that. So, I'll wait till we're back. Thanks once again for your kindness in nailing this down for me.

Aug 12, 2020
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Accordo 120
Exp
Sept 2019
Just a quick update, done the tour, back yesterday, ordered the claw today and got the discount. Thanks again Wombles for your help.

Mar 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Since 2014
used ours for over 12months easy to set up and then easy to use and visable. very handy as it sits in the door pocket when not in use. takes seconds to lock on or take of.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back