Clutch and brake pedal blockers security systems (1 Viewer)

D

DL42846

Deleted User
I have just seen on FB motorhome site a Clutch and pedal blocker which some guy has made himself. I have done a search and can't find anything similar on the market.
Does anyone know or have such a thing that they are happy with. I did a search on eBay but the ones on there look very flimsy and don't have very good reviews.

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
I've got (and use!) the clutch claw that Steve linked to. Very sturdy bit of kit, though I did have to tap the threads out of the base plate before I could use mine - the plating was a bit heavy and had clogged the threads up.

I think it would be an absolute pig to remove without the key. Even if attacked with a cordless angle grinder, the only thing I can think of that would remove it, it would take time, noise and effort to get it off.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I am not at home on my laptop right now or i would post a link to a pedal box sold by garrison locks. Very secure and substantial

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi.. heres a picture of the sort of thing i made up for a ford transit... the one debs got was a bit different... it didnt need the legs..
They are easy enough to make if you have access to welding and drilling facilities..
I use a roller shutter door lock welded on to some flat bar..
They are not as bulky and heavy as most of the commercially available units... bit mine is easily stored in the door pocket..
Andy

20190422_114848.jpg

And fitted over the pedals

20190422_114828.jpg

OP
OP
D

DL42846

Deleted User
I am not at home on my laptop right now or i would post a link to a pedal box sold by garrison locks. Very secure and substantial
I was thinking of something like the attached

Hi, Thanks, No problem I will check them out.
Hi.. heres a picture of the sort of thing i made up for a ford transit... the one debs got was a bit different... it didnt need the legs..
They are easy enough to make if you have access to welding and drilling facilities..
They are not as bulky and heavy as most of the commercially available units... bit mine is easily stored in the door pocket..
Andy

View attachment 298657
Andy

View attachment 298657

View attachment 298659

View attachment 298659
Andy

View attachment 298657

View attachment 298659
security brake blocker 1.jpg
security brake blocker 1.jpg

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Anything you choose is a deterrent so worthwhile. We have had a couple of Clutch Claws for the last few years for car & motorhome & ideal as when we have changed vehicle make & model each one could be readjusted to fit so no need to buy new. If anyone is considering buying one then 10% off with code MHMADNESS here https://www.nkgroup.co.uk/product/clutch-claw-in-car-security-device/ .

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
PedalBox is about the best, as above.

Not much point worrying about whether clutch claws or similar will resist an angle grinder when the pedal arms they're being fitted to are made of plastic!

The design of the PedalBox makes access to cut through the pedal arms much more difficult unless you were to remove the lower dash panel, but even then you would be left with stumpy little arms that would make driving the vehicle extremely difficult.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back